|Date Posted:||Jul 4, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 28, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Hardware,Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Roshan (TDCA):
Roshan (Telecom Development Company Afghanistan Ltd) is Afghanistanâ€™s leading telecommunications provider, with coverage in over 230 cities and towns and approximately 3.5 million active subscribers. Roshan directly employs more than 1,100 people and provides indirect employment to more than 25,000 people. Since its inception six years ago, Roshan has invested approximately $430 million in Afghanistan and is the countryâ€™s single largest investor and tax payer. Roshan is deeply committed to Afghanistanâ€™s reconstruction and socio-economic development. The Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED), part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is a major shareholder of Roshan and promotes private initiatives and building economically sound enterprises in the developing world. Also owned in part by Monaco Telecom International (MTI) and TeliaSonera, Roshan brings international expertise to Afghanistan and is committed to the highest standards of network quality and coverage for the people of Afghanistan.
The job duties and responsibilities for the Sourcing Specialist-Technology and IT include generating requests for proposals, issuing Purchase Orders for the procurement of services and materials, and negotiating agreements for Roshan’s Technology and IT Department operations and major capital projects. A Sourcing Specialist must be familiar with all purchasing concepts and practices, category and market influences and negotiating strategies. In addition, but not necessarily limited to, the Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for the following:
Requires travel to provinces:
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Familiar with industry related commodities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of building strong relationships with internal customers, as well as vendors;
- Very good analytical, problem solving and time management skills;
- Able to work in a team and take direction from management
- Leadership skills and ability to work independently as needed.
- Good communication (written and oral) and organization skills
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, safety of company assets and employees and the general public
· May be required to carry a company provided cell phone and respond as needed during working and non-working hours
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
· Experience with ERP systems
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive rationalization/standardization of goods and services throughout the institution to leverage spend and increase vendor performance
- Lead, manage, and facilitate diverse sourcing initiatives for materials and services.
- Facilitate the establishment of sourcing teams comprised of key stakeholders impacted by the sourcing event and facilitate meeting to understand operational needs and provide a procurement perspective.
- Apply understanding of Roshan’s business needs to the development and execution of initiatives.
- Coordinate the bid process ofRFxs.
- Compile and analyze spend data and industry dynamics from multiple sources to support sourcing initiatives.
- Develop and execute negotiating strategies using cost models and market intelligence and establish acceptable negotiation boundaries.
- Monitor, interpret and leverage market intelligence data to formulate sourcing and negotiation strategies.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to establish key performance indicators, set performance targets, and document total cost of ownership.
- Drive cost saving initiatives for all Procurement controlled spend for Technology and IT requirements.
- Establish formal meeting schedule (weekly end-user engagements) with key stakeholders and vendors to resolve issues, and review key performance metrics.
- Any duties assigned by the supervisors.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORT AND THEIR POSITIONS:
This Position will require Frequent Interactions with:
· All departments from within Roshan
· Vendors and other stakeholders that deal with Roshan
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering, Accounting, Supply Chain Management or other related discipline is preferred;
· Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience in a purchasing/procurement environment required in lieu of a Bachelor degree’
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a purchasing/procurement environment is required