|Date Posted:||Jul 9, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 25, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Rights|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
About EZ-KAR C1:
The government of Afghanistan (GoA) adopted it’s Second ‘National Action Plan (NAP) on UNSCR 1325 – Women, Peace, and Security’ on 5th of August 2019. The NAP, which was developed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in consultation with stakeholders from Government agencies, civil society, UN agencies, and the Donor community, is an illustration of the government’s commitment to contextualize and realize the Women, Peace, and Security (WPS) agenda. The NAP, which spans from 2015 to 2022, identifies four crucial pillars for addressing the needs of women affected by conflict and utilizing women as agents for peace and security in Afghanistan. For the better implementation of NAP 1325, the MoFA established NAP 1325 Coordination Unit in past years. Whose, mission fully involves the coordinating, monitoring and reporting on the implementation progress of NAP 1325. Thus, MoFA is searching for a potential candidate to fill in the position of NAP 1325 Special Advisor. This candidate will advise the MoFA on Diplomatic Relationships, Human Rights, Gender, Women’s International Affairs and Economic Development.
Position Special Advisor for Human Rights, Gender and Women’s International Affairs to the MoFA
Employer Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Duty Station Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Duration 1 Year (Extendable)
Contract Type National Technical Assistance (NTA)
Reporting Supervisor Directorate General of Human Rights and Women International Affairs
Salary Range As per the salary scale applied to locally recruited
Number of vacancies 1
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and advisory support for the better implementation of NAP 1325 Coordination Unit;
- Provide inputs to the NAP 1325 Coordination Unites work plan and budges as required;
- Collect baseline data for indicators from responsible ministries including all sources of information;
- Support NAP Focal Points in developing their Implementing Plan on NAP 1325;
- Provide technical support to the NAP Coordination Unit on reporting, monitoring, evaluation and analyzing data;
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to NAP 1325 implementation and it’s Annual Status Report;
- Provide technical assistance and reporting skill development to the NAP 1325 focal points if needed;
- Conduct NAP 1325 Focal Points meetings to discuss the progress reports,
- Revise and finalize the developed Annual NAP 1325 Implementation Status Report in English language;
- Organize High-Level meetings with senior government officials such as Deputy Ministers and Directors General of the lead implementing agencies under NAP 1325 (including members of the NAP Steering Committee) to explain their obligations and responsibilities under NAP both in terms of implementation and reporting;
- Organize Steering Committee meeting and NAP 1325 Donors Meeting;
- Review and authorize monthly reports, which are to be provided to the Director General of DHRIWA. As well as review and authorize a quarterly substantive progress report.
- Understanding of good Governance and multilateral Diplomacy
- Understanding of International Trade & Commerce
- Global Economic Opportunities Awareness
- Human Rights
- Women’s International Affairs
- Gender Issues
- Familiar with the NAP
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stockholder Engagement
- Leading by example
- Strong writing skill and ability to produce analytical reports in English language;
- Strong communication and organization skill;
- Ability to negotiate and interact with donors, identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fund mobilizing;
- Understanding of NAP 1325 Implementing formulation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Strong management skills.
§ Master’s Degree in Human Rights and Gender Studies, Political Science, Development, Economics, International Business or any closely related areas with 7 years of experience.
§ 7 years or more experience in economic development, diplomacy, major project management, human rights with gender perspective and capacity building with government, national and an international organization is required.
§ Experience in the area of report writing, monitoring and evaluation and project management;
§ Experience in facilitating meetings and workshops (mainly in the Afghan ministries and preferably in the areas of post conflict environment);
§ Proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills;
§ Fluency in English, Dari and/or Pashto is required.
§ Dedicated team worker, coordination and able to support in other emergency tasks when required.
§ Full professional proficiency in English and fluency in Pashto and Dari.