|Date Posted:||Mar 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Data Management|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
Certified Professional Accountants of Afghanistan (CPA Afghanistan) has been established in 2013 with the aim to regulate the accountancy profession in Afghanistan. The main objectives of the CPA Afghanistan are as follow:
1. Professional accountancy education and professional qualification
2. Practice licensing and registration of individual CPA and CPA firms
3. Adoption and implementation of international standards for use in Afghanistan
4. Professional conduct, including external quality assurance, investigation of misconduct and disciplinary measures
CPA Afghanistan has been located under the section of Director General (DG) Treasury at the Ministry of Finance to maintain action plans developed/approved by the Board Members, track achievement of measures identified in the action plans, and revise them as necessary.
CPA Afghanistan Law has been enacted and CPA Afghanistan Board and Technical committees have been established and empowered. This project is currently being supported and funded by The World Bank Group under FSP project. The Program Manager will report directly to the DG Treasury and the Board Members of CPA Afghanistan.
·The Deputy Program Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of CPA Afghanistan executive team and assigning tasks to them.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dari/Pashto
· Excellent presentation and project team management skills.
· Excellent computer experience in Excel and Word.
· Knowledge of global professional accountancy practices and organizations
· Knowledge of IFAC, CAPA, SAFA and other International bodies
· A high level of ethical standards and integrity (as indicated by personal references)
Duties & Responsibilities:
·Prepares TORs of staff and consultants to be engaged on the project relating to the CPA Afghanistan and processes the procurement under the direction of the Director General Treasury of Finance and with technical inputs from the CPA Afghanistan Board and technical staff.
·Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
·Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
· Creating and managing long-term goals.
· Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
· Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
· Review/supervise all department report and give tasks/assignment
· Review Quality Assurance department activities and report Exam development and accreditation of two syllabi (Corporate and Business law & Taxation) Afghanistan variant
·Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
·Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
· Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the program - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the program, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programs.
· Organizing and arranging meeting with different stakeholders of CPA Afghanistan
·Setting targets and plan activities with heads of departments and following up with them to ensure objectives are achieved
·Working on CAPA Assessment and IFAC SMO’s and way forward to achieve the IFAC membership
·To review and approve the goal plan for each department every quarter.
·Prepare and execute the action plan and compare the actual result of the organization with strategic goals every quarter.
· To conduct the performance appraisal for each department against goal plan every quarter.
· To monitor the performance of the staff every month and provide feedback to the Board members on regular bases.
·To manage and report the conflict of interest in the organization to board members regularly.
·Working closely with Kabul University for supporting and monitoring the bachelor program established by CPA Afghanistan.
·Prepares requests for all other expenditures to support the project objectives and in line with approved action plan.
· Arranging different programs and conferences for the capacity building of staff on need basis
· Prepares requests for procurement and provide facilitation to support the consultant experts of the project and CPA Afghanistan Board.
·Attends Board meeting and development of the tracker.
· Meeting and communicating progress and challenges to the World Bank
· To present CPA Afghanistan at regional, global and other relevant professional bodies.
· To ensure that CPA Afghanistan complies with local laws and regulation including the SAFA, CAPA and IFAC requirements. (Submission of Quarterly updates required to board members)
·Submission to Board members for monthly progress of the organization including any challenges faced by the organization during the period.
· To ensure attendance of the staff by keeping register.
·Responsible for any task assigned by the Program Manager, DG Treasury and Board Members of CPA Afghanistan.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Must be Afghan National
· ACCA (Member/Affiliate )
· 4 to 5 years of experience in a leading role or project financial management and or similar field
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV with a detailed application letter and a contact details, no later than 2 April, 2020 to below e-mail.
Please clearly indicate “position name vacancy number in the subject line.
Please do not attached your education and working experience document”