|Date Posted:||Mar 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
Certified Professional Accountants of Afghanistan (CPA Afghanistan) has been established in 2013 with the aim to regulate the accountancy profession in Afghanistan. The main objectives of the CPA Afghanistan are as follow:
1. Professional accountancy education and professional qualification
2. Practice licensing and registration of individual CPA and CPA firms
3. Adoption and implementation of international standards for use in Afghanistan
4. Professional conduct, including external quality assurance, investigation of misconduct and disciplinary measures
CPA Afghanistan has been located under the section of Director General (DG) Treasury at the Ministry of Finance to maintain action plans developed/approved by the Board Members, track achievement of measures identified in the action plans, and revise them as necessary.
CPA Afghanistan Law has been enacted and CPA Afghanistan Board and Technical committees have been established and empowered. This project is currently being supported and funded by The World Bank Group under FSP project. The SAS will report directly to the Program Manager, DG Treasury and the Board Members of CPA Afghanistan.
· The SAS will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Professional Qualification Department.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dari/Pashto
· Excellent presentation and project team management skills.
· Excellent computer experience in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Knowledge of global professional accountancy practices and organizations
· Knowledge of IFAC, CAPA, SAFA and other International bodies
· A high level of ethical standards and integrity (as indicated by personal references)
Duties & Responsibilities:
Development and recommendation for the Policies and Procedures for the Department.
Interaction and Reporting with Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA), South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA), and International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
Support the implementation of bachelor program in Accounting at Kabul University
Work towards the admission of students into CPA Afghanistan’s approved qualification program
Support and Monitor learning providers in enriching the quality of teaching
Support and Monitor Kabul university in implementation of Bachelor program in Accounting
Holds a proper plan for students’ progression
Prescribing the requirements for qualification of Auditors;
Prescribing the actual curriculum and certification program to be adopted nationally.
Documenting the time spent while working with the CPA Afghanistan.
Development of the Quarterly and Yearly activity plan for the Department in line with IFAC Statement of Membership Obligations (SMO).
Quarterly Compliance Report with CAPA, SAFA and IFAC requirements.
Preparation of Progress and activity report pertain to the Professional Qualification Department.
Creating and managing long-term goals in line with the requirement of CAPA, SAFA and IFAC.
Responsible for any task assigned by the Program Manager, DG Treasury and Board Members of CPA Afghanistan.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Must be Afghan National
· ACCA (Member/Affiliate/MBA)
· 4 to 5 years of experience in Audit and Assurance (Big 4 accountancy firms is a plus)