|Date Posted:||Mar 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
Certified Professional Accountants of Afghanistan (CPA Afghanistan) has been established in 2013 with the aim to regulate the accountancy profession in Afghanistan. The main objectives of the CPA Afghanistan are as follow:
1. Professional accountancy education and professional qualification
2. Practice licensing and registration of individual CPA and CPA firms
3. Adoption and implementation of international standards for use in Afghanistan
4. Professional conduct, including external quality assurance, investigation of misconduct and disciplinary measures
CPA Afghanistan has been located under the section of Director General (DG) Treasury at the Ministry of Finance to maintain action plans developed/approved by the Board Members, track achievement of measures identified in the action plans, and revise them as necessary.
CPA Afghanistan Law has been enacted and CPA Afghanistan Board and Technical committees have been established and empowered. This project is currently being supported and funded by The World Bank Group under FSP project. The SAS will report directly to the Program Manager, DG Treasury and the Board Members of CPA Afghanistan.
·The SAS will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Quality Assurance and Professional Conduct Department.
· Excellent knowledge of IAS’s/IFRS’s, ISA’s and ISQC-1.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dari/Pashto
· Excellent presentation and project team management skills.
· Excellent computer experience in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Knowledge of global professional accountancy practices and organizations
· Knowledge of IFAC, CAPA, SAFA and other International bodies
· A high level of ethical standards and integrity (as indicated by personal references)
Duties & Responsibilities:
Development and recommendation for the Policies and Procedures for the Department.
Interaction and Reporting with Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA), South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA), and International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
Planning, Execution and finalization of the Quality Assurance Review of the registered audit firms.
Guidance and support to the Quality Assurance Reviewer.
Conducting the review of the Quality Control System of the registered audit firms as per ISQC-1.
Conducing the review of the audit firms completed engagements as per ISA’s.
Documenting the list of the reviews conducted during the year.
Records for the list of satisfactory and un-satisfactory audit firms.
Interaction with the registered audit firms.
Documenting the time spent while working with the CPA Afghanistan.
Development of the Quarterly and Yearly activity plan for the Department in line with IFAC Statement of Membership Obligations (SMO).
Quarterly Compliance Report with CAPA, SAFA and IFAC requirements.
Preparation of Progress and activity report pertain to the Quality Assurance Department.
Creating and managing long-term goals in line with the requirement of CAPA, SAFA and IFAC.
Responsible for any task assigned by the Program Manager, DG Treasury and Board Members of CPA Afghanistan.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Must be Afghan National
· ACCA (Member/Affiliate )
· 4 to 5 years of experience in Audit and Assurance (Big 4 accountancy firms is a plus)