|Date Posted:||Dec 30, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 8, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces. The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains. General Directorate of extension is the main stakeholders of the program and will lead the implementation of tow sub components 1. Extension services and 2. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building. G.D of extension will establish program management unit under overall supervision of G.D general director who will be responsible for the implementation of the relate activities in three provinces. Extension sub components will strengthen the extension directorate by: (i) establishing a women’s extension department in Kabul and a cadre of 12 female extension workers specializing in agriculture and livestock, in line with the Taksheel, across the six pilot districts; (ii) strengthening the male extension worker cadre at district level in agriculture and livestock; (iii) targeting young graduates from local agricultural faculties to be recruited as extension assistants, under the Taksheel, funded by the project in years 1-3 and by MAIL thereafter; and, (iv) adapting the curriculum, in collaboration with relevant MAIL directorates, using updated techniques. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building will strengthen the female CDCs through an orientation and training program guaranteeing female CDCs’ direct control over financial resources, over some elements of project implementation and over female beneficiary selection.
Under direct supervision of national program director Sr. Communication and Coordination Specialist will be responsible for the oversight on KM, M&E and Coordination related activities of the projects funded by IFAD. He/she will lead these units and provide support to project manager in term of planning, reporting and decision making.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support projects services providers to set up and maintain appropriate and robust M&E system for all projects activities.
- Lead monitoring and evaluation processes using developed tools and provide guidance to staff and partners in their use,
- Lead M&E unit on routine basis for performing quality control checks of monitoring and evaluation work, overseeing that planned monitoring and evaluation activities are taking place and as to validate on a random basis, information provided by service provider.
- Design, carry out and/or supervise consultants conducting evaluations across all program areas,
- Track planned evaluations and ensure that evaluation reports are obtained and shared to facilitate learning.
- Liaise and coordinate with the IFAD M&E Coordinator in HQ for amendment based on MAIL requirements, including formats and procedures
- Take part in monitoring and evaluation networks with IFAD mission and other external partners, as well as with international M&E focal points, partners and beneficiaries to coordinate field monitoring and evaluation activities, stay current on best monitoring and evaluation practice and to support quality program and accountability standards.
- Undertake quality control and final editing of all reports and documents generated at the program level, ensuring all documents reflect sound monitoring and evaluation practice and are accurate, clear and informative,
- Ensure reporting deadlines are met along with sending out relevant notifications to partners for timely reporting,
- Contribute in further development of the policy and strategy for the operational planning in the knowledge management area.
- Assist projects in organizing, packaging, utilizing and disseminating relevant information to inform program design and implementation and for internal and external audiences;
- Support KM in lessons learned and best practices of the CLAP and SNaPP2 projects as well as other IFAD funded projects and Business processes. Proven innovations in the program design, and implementation. Moreover, along KM Unit conduct field visits in order to ensure that the projects regularly document its experience and lessons learnt, share these lessons with MAIL, IFAD and other relevant stakeholders.
- Solicit information for success stories from KM & Policy Specialist and Project Managers and implementing partners. Draft and/or edit success stories with appropriate photographs. Coordinate with IFAD to upload the documents onto the website.
- Serve/lead as a focal point for all IFAD programs and coordinate implementation with the relevant directorates as well as Minister’s office.
- Establish regular communication with IFAD and Minister’s office.
- Support CLAP & SNaPP-2 projects both at Kabul and provincial level in coordinating their issues and priorities with the Program Director and vice versa;
- Manage communications through media relations, social media etc.
- Work closely with IFAD funded project to make sure that coordination meetings for implementing partners are scheduled and followed through in a timely manner and any outstanding issued resolved;
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration, LLB, Communication or a related field;
· At least 7 years of relevant professional work experience.
· Proven coordination and management experience.
· Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization;
· Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
· Strong analytical and decision making abilities.
· Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
· Ability to take direction and to focus on and follow through on priority activities and assignments.
· Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising the quality, team spirit and constructive working relationships with all colleagues.
· Excellent organizational skills detail-orientation and flexible work style.
· Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive information.
· Excellent English, Dari and Pashto communication skills required.
· Proficient in MS Office and internet applications