|Date Posted:||Feb 11, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Feb 25, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
About Etisalat Afghanistan:
Support Engineer for all Transmission network elements especially MW PDH BBS and providing full support to Maintenance field Engineers in case of any fault in the network Transmission equipments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Proven experience of MW SDH, PDH, SPDH, LMDS, VSAT, Multiplexers and Compression equipments.
2. Good Skills of managing teams and influence them.
3. Should be responsible for restoring the network ASAP with proper approach to the problems.
4. Access layer Engineering and protection scheme.
5. PDH network optimization in terms of frequency and capacity.
6. Ensure transmission network quality.
7. Coordinate with lease line providers for leased line.
8. Provide solution for service affected Microwave links.
9. Prepare reports on transmission as and when required.
10. Undertake Microwave link path engineering
11. Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
12. Provide full support for any type of transmission equipment in the network for network field Engineers
13. Ensuring work dedication to resolve the network problems and issues
14. Dimension the transmission network to optimize linksâ€™ capacities and costs
15. Create a proper database of transmission network to restore the problems ASAP.
16. Setup site design and validate site preparation files.
17. Optimize the transmission network
18. Provide assistance or technical feedback to Field Engineers for installation and troubleshooting of VSAT equipment.
19. Perform preventative maintenance of all Transmission equipments in the network.
20. Define the need to hire new people, trainees or consultants, define the trainings needs.
21. Good knowledge of compression equipments.
22. Providing full support for regional teams incase of any problem in the compression equipments used in the network.
23. Organize and coordinate the Transmission related processes.
24. Interface the radio engineering section and others.
25. Travel all over of Afghanistan especially in the south.
University bachelor degree in Engineering
At least 5-8 years experience in the relevant fields.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
â€¢ Spoken and written language skills in English, Pashto and Dari.
â€¢ Computer knowledge required.
â€¢ Ability to meet deadlines; work under pressure, tact, negotiation skills, organizational skills.