|Date Posted:||May 12, 2020|
|Closing Date:||May 25, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
Senior Human Resource Specialist providing supports to all areas of Human Resources Management for relevant policy, recruitment and selection, performance management and other related activities with different stakeholders inside and outside of MoE.
Provinces to travel:
a. Strong computer Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point).
b. Excellent communication skills in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
c. Excellent decision making and critical thinking skills.
d. Set priorities and manage time effectively with abilities to work under pressure and time did line.
e. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and with related departments.
a. Effective human resource management skills.
b. Effective organizational and administrative skills.
c. Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral mode.
d. Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan.
e. Performance appraisal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific Responsibilities of Human Resource Specialist
The Senior Human Resources Specialist is working under direct supervision of the Head of Human Resources Directorate. S/he supervises the EQRA HRD Provincial teams and is responsible for coordination, communication, reporting and follow up of Teacher Policy implementation and the new reforms in HRD and other EQRA activities with the relevant stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist and work on developing Teacher Policy in close coordination with the Planning and Teacher Education Departments.
2. Follow-up the implementation of the Teacher Policy and report the implementation progress to GDHRD
3. Support and suggests improvements to the entire recruitment process of teachers according to the policies of the MoE.
4. Ensures MoE HR reform initiatives are properly communicated to all HRD staff and that reforms are being implemented including in the provincial directorates.
5. Set objectives for the HR team according to the priorities of the MoE and track progresses.
6. Provide leadership and managerial support to the HRD team including to the directorate level to enable them to perform task in line with MoE plans.
7. Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives, systems and policies within the HRD.
8. Discuss career development with respective heads of departments.
9. Organize learning and development programs for the Human Resources Department staff.
10. Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues within HRD.
11. Assist in the assessment and implementation of the personnel database
12. Review employment and working conditions in the MoE area of responsibility to ensure legal compliances.
13. Creates and ensures implementation of effective on-boarding plans for new recruits teachers.
14. Perform any other tasks assigned by HR Director.
• Teacher policy is developed.
• Transparent Recruitment process of teachers is in place.
• Need assessment within HRD is conducted.
• HRD Capacity Building strategy is developed
• Plan for new teacher recruitment is created.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
a. At least Bachelor or master degree in Business Administration, Management or other related fields such Economics Public .Master degree will be preferred.
a. At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in a related field with master’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience with bachelor’s degree is required
Recruitment, work condition and evaluation
a. The recruitment will be done through a transparent and competitive processes.
2) Work conditions
a. The Senior HR Specialist will work according to Afghanistan MoE’s rules and regulation.
b. MoE will provide a proper work station at provincial education directorate.
c. The Senior HR Specialist will be report to HRD Director.
a. The initial six months will be considered a probationary period.
b. A formal performance
evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the relevant department and MoE leadership
c. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for
d. Contract Extension is subject to fund availability, organization’s need and satisfactory need.