|Date Posted:||Sep 7, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Sep 20, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data, and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
Sr. Mechanic is responsible for preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, breakdown of generators (mainly diesel engines). He should be able to do above mention tasks in a technical and skilled manner and also by taking care of a standard safety system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and perform preventive and corrective maintenance of all generators as per daily work schedule which is planned by his supervisor.
- Should be able to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair diesel generators.
- Should be able to work with different sizes and types of DG’s (13.5 to 150KVA).
- Should be able to do maintenance of sites properly and fill out the form and report to his supervisor.
- Should be able to do preventive maintenance for all types of generators (Changing oil-change fuel filter- oil filter, Air-filter and check properly all of the sensors and fuel quantity).
- Should be able to do top-end and major overhaul of diesel generators.
- Should be able to travel on the job site.
- Should be able to work on shifts according to a shift schedule if required.
- Perform other related duties as required like site down repairing Diesel Generators in the site (changing Parts).
- Hands-on experience for at least 08 years with engines/diesel generators
- Ability to read and write in local languages, familiarity with the English language is an extra asset to have.
- A sound understanding of Generator mechanical systems, Hydraulic systems.
- Sound knowledge about observing Engine systems (how it works?)
- Able to work at Power Containers with generators systems and fuel pipes.
- Able to follow safety standards in working with Generators' systems and tools.
- Be familiar with changing parts, repairing engines on the site if necessary.