|Date Posted:||Jan 12, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jan 19, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
The Senior Monitoring Officer will lead the monitoring activities at provincial level of the REACH project. He/She will understand the REACH-OM and will do accordingly for the better implementation of the project. He/She will monitor the project and staff activities, and will provide staff with constructive feedback and comments to improve the quality of implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to project planning as per agreed commitments with donor
- Coordinate with the project staff over planning and monitoring activities that will take place as per project implementation plans
- Carry out field monitoring visits covering all project activities and debrief the implementation managers over areas of improvement rigorously.
- Reporting of critical findings through the existing M&E mechanisms on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Analyze and report on project outputs and outcomes on periodic basis.
- Support the donor and other stakeholders monitoring visits as per instructions of implementation managers and M&E department
- Support the implementation managers through feedback obtained from beneficiary community.
- Ensure accountability at all levels of implementation including communication of complaints and response reciprocally between project and beneficiary community.
- Ensure quality of products as well as delivery to the beneficiaries.
- Support in demarcation and boundary selection for the proposed project as per donor guidelines.
- Carry out safeguarding monitoring at all levels of project as per devised safeguarding plan for the project
- Report on persistent issues through the current special reporting mechanism of M&E department.
- Attend coordination meetings with project and come up with proposals that can support the efficient delivery of services for the target community.
- Good organizational, communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills.
- Fluency in English,Pashto and Dari, both written and spoken
- Familiar with report writing and planning
- Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
Training and capacity building skills in participatory monitoring method