|Date Posted:||Jun 30, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 9, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
DAI is implementing the USAID funded Afghanistan Competitiveness of Export-Oriented Businesses Activity (ACEBA) Program. The objective of this program is to enhance capacities of Afghan exporters and micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) associated with export-oriented value chains, such as carpets, marble and granite, precious stones and jewelry, textiles, and cashmere as a means of promoting sustainable economic growth and increasing employment.
The Operations Manager will manage all project operations, including administration, logistics, facilities and asset management. He/She will contribute to the formulation and implementation of financial and administrative policies and procedures and will supervise a team of local staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• Manage program operations and ensure that Kabul and Regional Export Accelerator Offices operations are maintained in compliance with DAI/USAID policies and local Afghan law
• Manage office, guest house and motor pool operations in Kabul
• Perform regular walkthrough maintenance inspections of facilities and grounds to identify maintenance problems, damaged or inoperable property and equipment, and unsafe conditions. Ensure repair, replacement, or remedy.
• Cross check the bills provided by the cooks to ensure transparency.
• Ensure offices and resident rooms and common areas are properly cleaned and supplied with comfort items (toilet paper, hand soap, etc.).
• Inspect the kitchens daily to ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness of the work area, utensils & equipment.
• Monitor waste level of septic tanks and coordinate schedule evacuation.
• Assist staff members relocating or departing from the facility.
• Supervise/mentor team of operations, facilities, and logistics staff in Kabul
• Provide training and guidance to staff involved in operational or administrative activities
• Assist in customs clearance or project equipment and onward transportation to regional locations if required
• Responsible for tracking all project property/equipment in compliance with DAI and USAID policies and procedures, and reporting on and documenting lost/damaged items
• Evaluate personnel liability in cases of reported lost, damaged, misused, or stolen property and assist in investigations as required; report and recommend appropriate follow-up actions.
• Responsible for posting changes to the property records and ensuring that the excess, obsolete, and unserviceable project property is identified and properly recorded
• Prepare disposition plan (when required) for submission to the USAID in compliance with FAR/AIDAR/DAI policies
• Work with the Deputy Chief of Party Operations to create the Annual Report of Government Property in Contractor’s Custody for submission to USAID per regulation and policy
• Travel to regional export accelerator Offices as required
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 7 years’ operations/facilities management experience or Master’s degree with 5 years of working experience, preferably with USAID programs.
• Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations regarding project management, including project inventory, disposition, and operational procurement
• Previous supervisory experience
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse teams
• Previous experience with DAI policies, procedures, and systems (TAMIS, etc.) preferred.
• Fluency in English is required; Dari and/or Pashto preferred
• The position reports to the Deputy Chief of Party Operations.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include Senior Operations Manager in the subject line of the application
Note: Applications without specific subject line will not be considered