|Date Posted:||Aug 1, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
About Assistance for Health, Education and Development - AHEAD:
AHEAD as a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization established by Afghan trained professionals those are committed to contribute in improvement of civil society, , social development, public health and educational programs. AHEAD is registered under license number 1259 in Ministry of Economy, with the long term Vision of the realization and development of vibrant and vital civil society, community development, public health and education in Afghanistan where the interest, concerns and dignity of the civilians are taken seriously and more people have access to resources. The Mission of considered as: contribution to improve the quality of Afghan families life through provision and distribution of quality health, education services, awareness, community development, civil society development, capacity building and research.
AHEAD is seeking a competent, committed and hardworking Sr. Operations Manager to support the organization’s leadership in the efficient and effective implementation of the multiple ongoing projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop high-quality operations strategies, policies, procedures and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
• Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement in all spheres of the organization and ensure a high performing managerial team
• Oversee all operations related activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy, mission, donor requirements, and project documents.
• Make high-quality decisions to advance organizational performance and employee engagement
• Enforce adherence to applied laws, donor regulations and AHEAD policies and procedures to maintain legality and organizational ethics
• Establish partnerships and build trust among internal and external stakeholders
• Analyze risks, challenges and issues and provide strategic and technical solutions as they relate to the operations area of work
• Maintain the organizational structure and hierarchies by ensuring all staff across the organization have updated job descriptions and valid contracts
• Lead organization staffing efforts by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews.
• Lead organizational human resources planning by producing annual and quarterly HR Plans
• Lead employee performance management and improvement efforts, by ensuring every employee has an agreed upon performance management and improvement plan.
• Lead employee onboarding, development, needs assessment, and training;
• Prepare employees for their duties by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
• Lead the process of issuing and maintaining employee ID cards by ensuring 100% employees have valid ID cards.
• Lead the process of producing monthly time and attendance report, night duty reports, and other HR reports that are crucial for producing accurate and timely payroll report
• Collaborate with the Finance Team and produce timely and accurate payrolls for 100% employees across the organization
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource laws of Afghanistan; conducting investigations; maintaining records; and representing the organization where required.
• Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
• Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records in both hard and soft copies.
• Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Ensure all human resources tasks are entered into the Operations Team Action Progress Tracker file on a very regular basis.
• Develop, and execute new improved procurement strategies and practices across the organization
• Lead efforts ensuring the implementation of AHEAD’s procurement policy
• Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify the senior management team of any possible obstacles to ideal efficiency
• Lead all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts.
• Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain best price and service.
• Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve financial goals.
• Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and results
• Establishes bid standards and prepares procurement documents to publicly solicit bids and contracts for the purchase and /or lease of materials and services.
• Manages the preparation of solicitation documents and offers.
• Assures suppliers deliver materials and services in accordance with standards of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon.
o Relevant education degree from a recognized university
o At least 5 years’ of professional relevant experience
o At least 3 years of work at senior level positions within an international NGO or UN organization
o Sufficient responsible experience in project planning and management
o Ability to travel frequently to project sites within Afghanistan
o Advanced knowledge of Ms. Office package.
o Excellent command of Pashto, Dari, and English
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter through jobs.af online application system.
Please click on the below link to apply for this position:
Note: If you are facing any difficulties to apply for this job please contact jobs.af team for any technical issues. jobs.af team will not provide you the position information.