|Date Posted:||May 13, 2019|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Sr. Procurement Specialist|
|Closing Date:||May 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The objective of this assignment is to assist MOMP Directorate with procurement of consulting services, goods, works and services so as to minimize time delays and to ensure that the assigned tasks are implemented within the original time schedule and project costs; and that there is a transfer in know how on project management, implementation and procurement to the staff of the section.
The Sr. Procurement Specialist will report to Director of Procurement.
Requires travel to provinces:
Theoretical knowledge of internationally recognized procurement standards; good understanding of procurement techniques and practices used in the private sector and knowledge of market trends and sources of supply and equipment;
Good understanding of internal procurement policies, practices and procedures; proven analytical skills, including ability to research and analyze data and develop recommendations on procurement contracts awards and related issues;
Ability to obtain information, clarification and agreement on terms of contracts and/or specification requirements; demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given.
Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
Ability to manage staff and contribute to the skills and capacity building
Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present procurement-related information/requirements and prepare written documents/communications in a clear, concise style.
Fluency in English in speech, writing and comprehension to the extent of easy comprehension of World Bank procurement documents.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Preparation, reviewing and clearing procurement plan for the project and procurement monitoring plan for the project;
· Preparing, reviewing and clearing commercial aspects of bidding documents/RFPs, bid evaluation, short-listing and technical evaluations for all procurement activities required under the project;
· Managing the process of advertising, correspondence, bid receipt and bid opening strictly in accordance with agreed upon procurement law and procedures;
· Preparing and reviewing evaluation reports to submit for approval;
· Monitoring and reporting of procurement implementation status and progress to the Head of Procurement directorate, Deputy Minister office of Admin Finance and NPA as required;
· Proactively works to develop procurement plans in accordance with the Afghanistan procurement law and Guideline for the procurement of commodities and/or services;
· Must be able to provide training to subordinates effectively and skilled in team building.
· In collaboration with the head of Contracts facilitation and other departments the Sr. Procurement Specialist will need to conduct periodic testing of the procurement processes from start to finish to ensure timeliness and cost effectiveness in line with all relevant policies, procedures, and regulations;
· Review and prepare routine trackers, excel spreadsheets and special reports on procurement activities for submission to high authorities and NPA as requested.
Ensures the maintenance of project and contract administration records and the submission of reports;
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor’s degree preferably in procurement management, business administration, public administration, management, development or similar fields from a recognized, accredited university and Master degree is preferred.
At least 5-7 years’ experience of public procurement with international donor funded projects.
Direct work experience in procurement with the United Nations, World Bank, would be a distinct advantage;
Fluency in written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English is required.
Thorough knowledge of Afghan political, media, economic, social, educational, and cultural structures and institutions is essential.
Ability to develop and maintain contacts at all levels, up to and including the ministerial level, in cultural, government, media, and educational institutions.
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 27May/ 2019 at 16:00 hrs.
MoMP/PSU/Sr. Procurement Specialist must be quoted on all correspondence and expression of interest
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Ahmad Siar Najib, Projects HR Expert
Phone: 0093 784 84 6000
Female Candidates are highly encourage to participate.