|Date Posted:||Apr 15, 2019|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Sr. Technical Mining Advisor|
|Closing Date:||Apr 28, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Technical ,Mining|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Senior Technical Mining Advisor is responsible for the functions related to the participation in all necessary internal and external technical meetings of Ministry of Mines and provides other advice and duties requested from authorities.
Requires travel to provinces:
Adaptability to corporate setting is a must.
Strong negotiation and client management skills.
The ability and desire to complete projects within deadlines.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
The incumbent should have sound presentation skills and ability to present to a large group of audience (national and international).
The incumbent should be able to manage and work in working groups.
The incumbent should be able to write reports, briefing paper, correspondence, and research paper as required.
The incumbent should be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Continues participation and involvement in big, medium, small size Mines contracts meetings to monitor proposals with Committee including (IMC) to find possible solution and other committees to give right consult.
3. Participate in all precious and Semi-precious stones meetings which are exported and traded by the national and international businessmen inside the county or outside the country are identified and priced by the committee.
4. Participation with the committee in the Ministry of Mine reporting according to the contract to the authorities.
5. Participation in all necessary internal and external technical meetings of Ministry of Mine.
6. Technical Advising to all Directorates
7. Identification of jewels, minerals and rock samples brought from the local area.
8. Participation in designing plan and policy according to the laws and regulations
9. Cooperation and advising technical proposals in order to direct programs of Mines for the extraction.
10. Advice on enrichment goals of Ministry.
11. Sr. Technical Mining advisor will be providing necessary advice to Geological problems to the Ministry of Mine and mining companies.
12. Sr. Technical Mining advisor will be required to travel to the extraction areas of mining in provinces and he will also be required to prepare report and to submit it to Ministry of Mines.
13. Active Participation in meetings and educational, technical seminars inside and outside the ministry
14. Provide other advice and duties requested from authorities
15. Any other tasks assigned by the MoMP authorities according to law and regulations.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Master degree in Mining Engineering and any other related field.
At least 5-10 years of work experience in mining sectors or in any other relevant fields. 5 Years related Experience with Masters degree and 10 Years of Experience with Bachelor Degree.Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred.
Excellent Language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto & English is a requirement
The Incumbent should have sound knowledge of the extractive sector.
The Incumbent should have strong written and oral communication and other interpersonal skills.