|Date Posted:||Jan 2, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 10, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Quest Financial Services:
Quest Financial Services is an accounting company based in Kabul, Afghanistan, providing professional financial services to international organizations and Afghan businesses. Led by an American CPA and staffed by qualified Afghans, the Quest team combines international best practices with local Afghan knowledge to provide a comprehensive set of accounting and tax services. Quest Financial Services specializes in outsourced accounting services, tax advisory and compliance, financial system implementation, and training.
We are looking for someone with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least six ACCA papers passed to join the Quest team as a Staff Accountant. We seek someone who is loyal, honest, hardworking, willing to learn, and interested in a long-term career as a professional accountant. 1-2 years experience required.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
A Staff Accountant is responsible to contribute to successful client engagements by performing technical work with accuracy and within the allocated timeframe. This position will also be responsible to manage Quest’s internal cash fund, bookkeeping, and related finance works. Specific responsibilities include:
Client Work – 65%
· Perform data entry into Excel, QuickBooks, or other accounting software as needed.
· Prepare account reconciliation documents.
· Scan and file documents related to client engagements.
· Organize files and folders.
· Prepare draft tax returns for clients.
· Prepare draft financial reports for clients.
· Assist in filing tax returns and paying taxes on behalf of clients.
· Assist in setting up financial systems for clients.
· Assist on other various tasks related to client work as needed.
· Work as an outsourced Finance Officer for clients as needed.
Internal Finance – 35%
· Send monthly invoice to clients
· Submit and reconcile expense reports
· Perform QuickBooks daily data entry
· Prepare monthly close
· Prepare monthly dashboard report
· Prepare and file QFS tax returns
· Make sure QFS vendors are paid on time
· Manage QFS petty cash and scan all documentation
· Maintain a filling system
· Generate time entry reports on daily and weekly basis
· Prepare QFS weekly scorecard
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Economics, or a related field or 6 ACCA papers passed
· 1-2 years of experience in related field
· Seeks long-term career as professional accountant
· Loyal, honest, hardworking, and willing to learn
· Professional in manners and appearance
· Dari: good reading, writing, and verbal skills required
· English: good reading, writing, and verbal skills required
· Pashto: preferred but not required