|Date Posted:||Oct 21, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Oct 28, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values, and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries' health conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply medical knowledge, skills to diagnose, and prevent. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material
- Ensure on-going training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary
- Give regular feedback to the line manager/HC and report directly any issue or incident.
- Support and collaborate with MSF COVID-19 focal staff, and ensure patients follow up during quarantine.
- Support and covering maternity department during female staff ANC visits. (female staff health MD).
- Ensure staff health follow up/referrals updating and reporting frequently to line manager.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Medical Doctor diploma Authorized by the Ministry of Higher Education is essential.
- 2 years of experience in a similar / ER position is essential.
- Other 2 years experiences in hospital position desirable
- MSF experience is an asset.
- World /EXCEL and computer skills are desirable.
- Pashto/English: oral and written essential Dari: oral and written is desirable
- The staff will be under MSF contract and work according to the roster (40H per week)
The Salary will be paid according to the MSF Salary Grid