|Date Posted:||Dec 2, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 Years|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The Stakeholder Specialist’s will engage international partner organizations on justice sector work with government to collaborate on the deliverables of the RIIALS project. The Stakeholder Specialist’s engagement with international stakeholders with justice institutions, will improve communication and a successful delivery of the gender justice programs. The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Program, success in implementation of program strategies and ultimately advancing IDLO’s work in promoting the Rule of Law.
Provinces to travel:
· Excellent project management and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in capacity building and application of gender/security, and access to justice related issues capacity development environment.
· Experience of engagement with civil society organizations in Afghanistan.
· Good analytical skills & basic knowledge in entering data on online databases.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good knowledge of MS packages. Proficient use of ICT software and the internet.
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan
· Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage engagement with international stakeholders with other parties to establish strong working relationships
- Development and successful delivery of stakeholder engagement plans in accordance with the overarching stakeholder engagement strategy
- Manage stakeholder mapping and prepare communications to stakeholders and respond to stakeholder enquiries
- Work collaboratively with other members of the project team, liaising with thematic and institutions teams for effective program implementation
- Provide briefings and support to thematic and institutions teams of meetings with stakeholders
- Arrange and attend stakeholder meetings and ensure feedback of stakeholder responses and requests to technical teams are responded to within agreed timescales
- Prepare and manage workshops, roundtable and forum logistics including developing agendas, project plans, minute taking and production of reports
- Ensure accurate audit trail maintained of all stakeholder engagement and all contact/activities are recorded on stakeholder database
- Provide input into weekly/monthly reports for PMP
· Attend Stakeholder Engagement Working Group and expedite actions arising
· Provide timely high-quality inputs to internal and external reports on activities and progress against deliverables and schedules, as well as thematic reports and workplans;
· Liaise with other program teams (including M&E and Institutional teams) to ensure proper implementation, coordination, monitoring and reporting of relevant program activities;
· Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· A Bachelor’s degree in Law, Political Science or related field. A master’s degree in related field would be an advantage.
· At least 8 years of relevant professional experience. Professional experience in gender, security, and/or access to justice programming within an Afghan justice system agency, NGO, or international organization highly preferred.
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Dari is required. Knowledge of Pashto and Arabic would be an advantage.
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than December 15, 2019 to the email given. Please clearly indicate the position and the vacancy number (Stakeholder Specialist - IDLO/RIIALS/23/2019) applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview.
Females are highly encouraged to apply!