|Date Posted:||Dec 20, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Dec 25, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghanistan`s Peace and Reintegration Programme :
UNDP Afghanistan is supporting the Government of Afghanistan to implement the Afghanistan Peace and Reintegration Programme. This programme is supported by the international community and the United Nations to bring long term security and stability to Afghanistan. To implement this programme, a Peace and Reintegration (P&R) Trust Fund will be established to support various reintegration efforts, including training programmes, development activities and technical support.
The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the office services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Summary of key functions:
â€¢ Effective store management
â€¢ Provision of administrative support
1. Ensures provision of effective store management focusing on achievement of the following results:
â€¢ Receipt, registration and tagging of newly arrived equipment, furniture, supplies.
â€¢ Prepare the items allocated to regional offices along with packing list for dispatching.
â€¢ Keep a good maintenance of store, making sure the goods are properly stored, easy accessible and kept safe.
â€¢ Assist in loading/unloading the goods
2. Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
â€¢ Assist in conducting physical inventory check up for assets and warehouse items
â€¢ Keep proper filing system
â€¢ Provision of photocopies of material from the warehouse files, as requested by staff.
- Demonstrates commitment to APRPâ€™s mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Demonstrates good IT skills
- Good knowledge of the administrative and assets management guidelines
- Understanding of APRP operations procedures
Leadership and Self-Management
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and different points of view
- Ability to work in a team and adapt quickly to a fast-paced work environment
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
â€¢At least of 2 years of relevant work experience
â€¢Ability to work with computer and office software packages.
â€¢Experience with national and international organizations
â€¢Fluent in Dari/Pashto is required.
â€¢Good knowledge of English language is a requirement
â€¢Knowledge of other local languages will be an advantage