|Date Posted:||Oct 18, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Nov 1, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Procurement and logistics|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||12 months|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. In 2014, WFP fed over 3.6 million vulnerable Afghans and our operations include: capacity building, Purchase of Progress (P4P), Food Voucher, Food for Assets, Food for Work, Food for Training, Food for Education, Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition and Emergency Relief. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters.
To handle receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximize quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse standards and established guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
2. Prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
3. Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
4. Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyse reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
5. Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
6. Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
7. Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Dari/Pashto languages .