|Date Posted:||Nov 30, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Dec 13, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||6|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. In 2014, WFP fed over 3.6 million vulnerable Afghans and our operations include: capacity building, Purchase of Progress (P4P), Food Voucher, Food for Assets, Food for Work, Food for Training, Food for Education, Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition and Emergency Relief. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters.
These jobs are found in WFP warehouses. Job holders report to the Warehouse Management Assistant/Associate or the designate. Job holders are exposed to all phases of the warehouse operations and work with minimum supervision. They may provide supervision and on-the-job training to other warehouse staff.
Implement the overall Supply Chain Management and Procurement activities necessary to ensure that all vehicles, assets, spare parts, office supplies, tyres, accessories, materials, fuel & lubricants are purchased; received, distributed, issued, controlled and inventoried for good record keeping & auditing purposes in respective Area Office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of immediate supervisor and in co-ordination with all Fleet staff, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
1. Ensure that all goods received are carefully counted and registered; any differences in quantity either positive or negative are recorded on the GRN (Goods Receipt Note) or POD (Proof of Delivery) and sent back to the originator.
2. Responsible for quality control for all goods received, any goods received that are either damaged or incorrect should be registered and reported to immediate supervisor.
3. Ensure that all spare parts and materials requested are duly authorised and accountable to make certain that these are issued for the correct makes and models in accordance to the established section criteria for each vehicle/machinery manufacturer.
4. Responsible to ensure that spare parts and materials returned into stock are properly recorded.
5. Prepare all requests for spare parts and materials for transfer to other depots and ensure that these are properly packed and sealed.
6. Organise & implement regular internal stock-taking and ensure that all stock records are accurate in accordance to auditing practices.
7. Responsible to ensure that all spare parts and materials are stored in a safe, clean and secure environment using the most efficient layout with maximum space utilisation.
8. Ensure that all normative guidelines, systems and procedures established for stock management are strictly adhered to.
9. Responsible to ensure that all data is entered into the FMS pertaining to the Stock Control & Tyres modules.
10. Travel occasionally, as required by the Organisation
11. Perform any other duties as requested by immediate Supervisor.
12. Fuel issued for the trucks, light vehicles and generators and record controlled and inventoried for good record keeping.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Dari/Pashto languages .
• Completed “A” Levels in Mathematics and English as main subjects.
• Completed a full Supply Chain Management course at a technical college.
• Held the position of Stores Person, or similar job in a company/NGO with at least 2 years experience gained in the relevant field.
• Good working knowledge with the complete Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience gained using a computerised Fleet Management System with emphasis on the Stock Control Module.
• Good technical knowledge, Electrical or Mechanical background.