|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 20, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Government Advisory|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Security Council:
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors; • Leading and managing the secretariat of national security; • Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors; • Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces; • Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years); • Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective; • Supporting the peace and reconciliation process; • Consolidating and coordinating security of the President; • Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
The objective of Strategic Analyst is to manage and lead on coordination of developing policies and measures for intelligence information strategy to develop major security strategies and policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual work plan according to the related directorate work plan in order to achieve planed goals;
2. Arrange and integrate affairs related to determination of strategic fields for intelligence information in coordination with other departments of ONSC to differentiate and to plan policies;
3. Study and analyze strategic intelligence information in cooperation with NDS, intelligence directorate of MOI/MOD and other intelligence entities to ensure and enrich the nation strategic intelligence information;
4. Outline policies and standards for strategic intelligence information to formulate major security policies and strategies;
5. Monitor the implementation of policies and strategy of intelligence information, at the ministries and security institutional sectors, to achieve the nation defense strategic goals and plans;
6. Outline programs and human resource planning to raise capacity building and improve the personnel education of security sector to achieve policies and defensive strategy of the country and prevailing national threats;
7. Consolidate president’s guidance, orders and decisions with FUSION Center and Strategic Threat Center;
8. Establish close relationship with MOD, MOI and NDS to coordinate policies, resources, intelligence information, and national threat and other issues given by NSC;
9. Present professional advice to improve and strengthen policies and national security strategies to avoid internal and external national threats;
10. Protect the implementation of goals and programs of national Security Council in order to achieve the entire goals of the Office of National Security Council.
11. Identify budget requirements, according to work plan of related department for advancement of programs.
12. Conduct performance appraisal for all their staff according to the requirements of the civil service law and with coordination of the HR directorate;
13. Prepare monthly, quarterly, annually reports and if required, briefs the activities and achievements of the related directorates to the senior officials.
14. Manage staff under control to ensure that they are effectively, motivated, developed, disciplined and trained in order that they can carry out their tasks to the required standard.
15. Conduct any duty as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the office.
The Strategic Analyst would have the following qualification and experience:
Shall have at-least a relevant bachelor degree from a reputed institution or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
Shall have 4 years work experience in a related field;
Shall be fluent in communicating in Pashto, Dari, and English languages;
Shall be proficient in computer applications;
Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.