|Date Posted:||Nov 7, 2010|
|Reference:||ARTF/ GDPDM /MCP/338/11/10|
|Closing Date:||Nov 19, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About General Directorate of Programs' Design and Management:
The Independent Administration Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 1382 to manage and lead the government’s efforts to reform and improve public administration in Afghanistan so as to meet the development needs of the country. Capacity Building for Results Facility “CBR” is an Afghan led reform and capacity building program, funded through Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) under the Afghan National Budget. CBR program is managed by the Ministry of Finance and IARCSC and is supervised by a Steering Committee which is composed from the Minister of Finance and the Chairman of IARCSC. The CBR aims to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. To help reduce the reliance on externally financed staff, CBR supports the creation of a specialized and highly qualified cadre of civil servants, with the capacity to manage critical government reforms, and ensure that critical services are sustained. Specific capacity and institution building programs will be implemented with systematic monitoring of and reporting on results. All line ministries can participate in CBR, while the level of support is based on results.
The Strategic Communication and Donor Relations Manager will carry out overall responsibility of establishing and maintaining relations, strategic communications with donors, supporters and clients of the IARCSC/GDPDM and raising necessary funds for development projects.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop proper system of communication and relations with stakeholders to assist in acquiring data from the various constituents, to seek donors and budget funding for specific projects.
2. Determine methods to establish and maintain a professional relationship with relevant ministries and donors to monitor and assist in implementation of decisions which affect IARCSC sâ€™ Projects.
3. Ensure successful relation and coordination for fund raising through close collaboration with various agencies, their program and operation teams, Government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society.
4. Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on donor strategies and IARCSC/GDPDM strategies and provision of advice ensuring synchronicity, and alignment between these strategies and GDPDM activities.
5. Prepare and maintain contract/grant documentation of projects. Consult applicable references concerning technical and administrative issues of development projects.
6. Lead the strategic communications planning process, including regular reporting to the Director and Director-General PDM.
7. Ensure effective internal and external communications within GDPDM, oversee web management regularly in effective manner;
8. Develop relations with media and serve as GDPDM point of contact for the media;
9. Lead GDPDMâ€™s internal communications efforts including implementation of internal coordination mechanism;
10. Maintain the GDPDM website in a pro-active manner, develop other relevant communications means;
11. Lead and supervise the Strategic Communication and Donor Relation unit;
12. Perform any other tasks assigned reasonably by his/her supervisor;
1. Proper mechanism for donor relations exists.
2. Document of analysis and research on donors strategies exist
3. Number of donorâ€™s support different areas of capacity building is increased.
4. Effective communication system is in place.
The Strategic Communication and Donor Relations Manager shall directly report to the Director Project Development and TA Coordination.
â€“ Minimum requirements:
1. A Master degree in Communication, Business Administration, Public Administration, or any other related fields with 3 years of relevant experience in management position at national and or international organizations.
2. A Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years of relevant experience;
3. Written and spoken in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
â€“ Desirable attributes:
1. Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure;
2. Experience of leading and motivating teams of people towards the achievement of agreed ends;
3. Excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills.
4. Experience of contract development.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.