|Date Posted:||Apr 13, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Apr 18, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Structural Design Engineer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
1. Will be able to design reinforced concrete and steel structures.
2. Will be responsible for the design, development, and drafting of building structures as per the signatory codes and standards.
3. Will ensure project compliance with respective clientâ€™s specification and scope of work.
4. Will provide standard spread sheets for design calculations.
5. Will draft design criteria for the design for all design work.
6. Will be able to negotiate modifications with architects, mechanical and consulting engineers.
7. shall have sound knowledge of International building codes such as (IBC,ACI,ASCE 7,AISE,LRFD,AWS,AWWA,ANSI and etc)
8. Perform structural analysis calculations utilizing known engineering software (ieâ€¦ SAP,ETABS,SAFE,STAAD PROâ€¦etc)
9. Ability to establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with those in the team of work at all levels, with a focus on quality service to internal staff and external clients.
Qualification and skills:
1. Holds Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from a reputable institution
2. Excellent English communication skills.
3. Excellent knowledge of computers Ms Office.
4. Familiarity with Auto CAD and good knowledge of structural analysis softwareâ€™s as previously mentioned.
5. Develops / maintains standard design sheets for structural elements.
6. At least two years of experience in practical design of vertical and horizontal structures.
7. Familiar with the procedure and process of the US Army Corps of Engineers projects.