|Date Posted:||Sep 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
Ministry of education has the outstanding rank among governmental organization of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, in order to render 65% services for the public. Ministry of Education, for the achieving of its valuable goals and Objectives, would like to recruit employees through open competition and merit based selection, consequently to enhance the capacity of civil servants, develop the current governmental management systems, and play the effective professional role in the administrative environment.
The subject specialist will report to the curriculum head.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate the activities and work plans in the respective department and work with the team of curriculum academic members
2. Prepare and develop guidelines for development of text books, instructional materials, workbook, teacher guide, parents ‘guide and assessment guide.
3. Prepare teaching and learning materials for general education and literature text writer.
4. In direction of reference books and materials for writing and development of teaching aid setting up of a library.
5. Ensure that the work plan for the authors is in accordance with the timeline of the ministry for compellation of the textbooks.
6. Carry out final assessment of the textbooks by authors for technical point of views and conduct final editing before field testing.
7. Get the views of the expert’s intellectuals and other stakeholders for the improvement of the textbooks.
8. Plan and supervise the field test, conduct feedback gathering and carry out the final editing of the textbooks before mass printing and orientation of them.
9. Research on how to improve the textbooks writing for education and literature and propose recommendation.
10. Any other tasks assigned by curriculum department.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- A university degree or above in education or any related field, preferably with teaching/teacher preparation.
- Curriculum development qualification is an asset;
- At least five years of relevant work experience in teaching, teacher professional development, curriculum development in nominated subject areas;
- Deep technical expertise in subject-specific education;
- Curriculum development, particularly in subject-specific area in formal education sector;
Textbook development and/or experience in developing learning materials