|Date Posted:||Jul 10, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Aug 10, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
ZNCC is a leading name in the power-infrastructure segment for the Afghan ministries and utilities and the United States government. With 15 years of experience, we handle and deliver design, supply, construction, transportation, and turnkey power projects with efficacy and precision. Right from scratch to the execution of the projects, our expertise in EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction), O&M (Operations and Maintenance) has made us one of the most sought-after names in the field. Irrespective of how complicated a project is, our performance in the energy and construction sectors is counted among the best in the country. Be it in power transmission, substation, or distribution, we offer holistic EPC services to the core sectors in Afghanistan. For a transparent approach in project management, proper financing, and resource management, get in touch with us.
We are seeking a qualified Substation Engineer for our substation project based in Ghazni province.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check and study the scope of work, technical requirements, site plan drawings, and specifications.
- Read and implement all electrical drawings and designs at the site.
- Install electrical MV & HV equipment including but not limited to PTs, CBs, DS, Busbars, Panels.
- Provide daily QC reports that reinforce activities which are being constructed in conformance with each specific project's established standard and constructively confronts nonconformance to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner.
- Document and record each phase's checklist.
- Install and test LV equipment and familiar with LV, MV and HV tests and procedures.
- Effectively communicate with designated LAB team and schedule each required site tests.
- Verify and ensure that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use in the project.
- Ensure that all tests are performed on the site and reported to main office on daily basis properly.
- Organize and follow up pre-, during-, and post-construction QC related meetings.
- Prepare and submit daily and monthly reports and project deficiencies.
- Record project progress on daily basis.
- Be aware of material submittals and their approval.
- Prepare the close out documents and complete the close out phase of the project.
- Check and control QC requirements as per approved Quality control plan of the project.
- Check the drawings and documents used at site for approvals and compliance with (USACE) project requirements
- Ensure that all works are carried out as per the approved (USACE) method statements and drawings.
- Plan ahead of time for any electrical utilities underground or within the buildings.
- Responsible for any corrective actions needed during construction.
- Work extra hours & under tight deadlines when there is any emergency to be dealt with urgently.
- Good knowledge of international standards preferably electrical.
- Any other job-related tasks that shall be assigned by the competent authority.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as an Electrical Substission Engineer (experience in USACE projects will be an advantage).
- Able to prepare work progress reports: daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Knowledge of site tests preferably electrical and timely communication with LNQAs and CQCM
- Having CQCM certification will be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills