|Date Posted:||Apr 15, 2019|
|Reference:||MTNA MFS 15 Apr, 19|
|Closing Date:||Apr 26, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About MTN Afghanistan:
MTN Afghanistan is the subsidiary company of MTN Group operating in 22 countries with a subscriber base of over 200 Millions. MTN provides GSM services in Afghanistan. We are looking for qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant position(s).
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job:
Responsible for developing, monitoring and managing an effective Risk and Anti Money Laundering AML/CFT Compliance program. Also responsible for effective business analytics, budgeting and financial operations to drive the overall mobile financial services strategy.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Technical competencies
- Reporting and Eye for details.
- Investigative & Reporting Skills
- Critical Attention to detail
- Anti-Money laundering and CFT management.
- Financial Acumen
- Compliance management
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop AML/CTF and Compliance initiatives and programs to comply with the legal, regulatory and licensing requirements in Afghanistan
· Keep track and monitor regulatory changes, assist in preparing for impending regulatory changes or revisions to licensing structure, if applicable
· Ensure the management of the end-to-end suspicious transaction reporting (STR) process, including monitoring/reviewing for STR, filing STR, closing/archiving STR and reporting on STR
· Ensure full training of staff, agents and subscribers on AML/CFT awareness, detection and reporting requirements.
· Serve as a liaison between Central Bank of Afghanistan or relevant entity and Mobile Money Ltd and report on all issues relating to money laundering and terrorist financing.
· Regularly update the Board of Mobile Money Ltd on AML/CFT Compliance status and pending issues being addressed
· Identify and assist in the implementation of mitigating measures to manage key risks inherent in mobile money operations
· Have oversight of finance operations and ensure full adherence to financial process for reconciliation and settlements
· Ensure the implementation and monitoring of AML and fraud related policies, procedures and process
· Ensure smooth operation and implementation of adequate reports within the Risksecure AML to effectively monitor suspicious transactions
· Ensure timely provision of mobile financial services update & reports to central bank of Afghanistan or relevant entity
· Ensure implementation of adequate controls and audit actions to mitigate and prevent exposure
· Manage the development of PPP’s to guide effective operational compliance and ensure adherence to safe e-money practices
· Ensure effective review of Users profiles and prepare quarterly report
· Manage, design, and implement models and programs to effectively and proactively mitigate fraud risk and AML on the mobile money service
· Engagement of Third parties on all external SLAs
· Ensure that MobileMoney Ltd operates in compliance with regulatory framework and licensing requirements
· Support in the design, development, and implementation of a risk assessment framework for products, services and customers
Perform forensic examination
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Degree in Statistics/ Mathematics/ Banking and Finance and professional finance qualification (ACIB / CA / ACCA / CIMA)/ Certified Compliance Officer (CCO certification), ACAMS - Membership. Post Graduate Qualification in Risk Management/Strategy or Finance
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by April 26, 2019.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).