|Date Posted:||Apr 15, 2019|
|Reference:||MTNA MFS 15 Apr, 19|
|Closing Date:||Apr 26, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About MTN Afghanistan:
MTN Afghanistan is the subsidiary company of MTN Group operating in 22 countries with a subscriber base of over 200 Millions. MTN provides GSM services in Afghanistan. We are looking for qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant position(s).
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job:
Responsible for developing, monitoring and managing an effective Risk and Anti Money Laundering AML/CFT Compliance program. Also responsible for effective business analytics, budgeting and financial operations to drive the overall mobile financial services strategy.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Technical competencies
- Reporting and Eye for details.
- Investigative & Reporting Skills
- Critical Attention to detail
- Anti-Money laundering and CFT management.
- Financial Acumen
- Compliance management
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop AML/CTF and Compliance initiatives and programs to comply with the legal, regulatory and licensing requirements in Afghanistan
· Keep track and monitor regulatory changes, assist in preparing for impending regulatory changes or revisions to licensing structure, if applicable
· Ensure the management of the end-to-end suspicious transaction reporting (STR) process, including monitoring/reviewing for STR, filing STR, closing/archiving STR and reporting on STR
· Ensure full training of staff, agents and subscribers on AML/CFT awareness, detection and reporting requirements.
· Serve as a liaison between Central Bank of Afghanistan or relevant entity and Mobile Money Ltd and report on all issues relating to money laundering and terrorist financing.
· Regularly update the Board of Mobile Money Ltd on AML/CFT Compliance status and pending issues being addressed
· Identify and assist in the implementation of mitigating measures to manage key risks inherent in mobile money operations
· Have oversight of finance operations and ensure full adherence to financial process for reconciliation and settlements
· Ensure the implementation and monitoring of AML and fraud related policies, procedures and process
· Ensure smooth operation and implementation of adequate reports within the Risksecure AML to effectively monitor suspicious transactions
· Ensure timely provision of mobile financial services update & reports to central bank of Afghanistan or relevant entity
· Ensure implementation of adequate controls and audit actions to mitigate and prevent exposure
· Manage the development of PPP’s to guide effective operational compliance and ensure adherence to safe e-money practices
· Ensure effective review of Users profiles and prepare quarterly report
· Manage, design, and implement models and programs to effectively and proactively mitigate fraud risk and AML on the mobile money service
· Engagement of Third parties on all external SLAs
· Ensure that MobileMoney Ltd operates in compliance with regulatory framework and licensing requirements
· Support in the design, development, and implementation of a risk assessment framework for products, services and customers
Perform forensic examination
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Degree in Statistics/ Mathematics/ Banking and Finance and professional finance qualification (ACIB / CA / ACCA / CIMA)/ Certified Compliance Officer (CCO certification), ACAMS - Membership. Post Graduate Qualification in Risk Management/Strategy or Finance