|Date Posted:||Apr 27, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 5, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||6|
|Salary Range:||40074 - 40074 AFG monthlyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
Supervision, monitoring and follow up of the activities in HFs
Provinces to travel:
Required Competences & Skills :
At least 2 years experience in the field of health and nutrition.
Previous experiences working in TFU/OTP will be an asset
Organisation skills are necessary.
Ability to manage staff according to local culture
Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel
Fluent in Dari and English, Dari and/or Pashto
Knowledge of the targeted area would be an asset
Duties & Responsibilities:
Objective 1: Supervision, monitoring and follow up of the activities in HFs.
- Ensure that the admission criteria are respected: severely malnourished cases with medical complications admitted in the TFU and none medical complications are to the OTP.
- Follow-up the history from each patient and conduct the clinical examination (looking after medical complications and their treatment; diarrhea, dehydration, hypothermia, hypoglycemia, anemia, skin disease, pneumonia, and other infections).
- Check the immunization status of every child in the TFU.
- Examine systematically all the patient everyday
- Check each treatment chart daily and follow up the treatment protocol together with the nurse
- Ensure that systematic treatment and drugs are given correctly by the nurse.
- Make sure that the breastfeeding counseling given to all the lactating mothers
- Ensure that discharge criteria are respected, immunization is up to date and health and nutrition education
- Make sure that daily, weekly and monthly record of beneficiaries (admissions, cured, defaulters, death, transfer, gain of weight, length of stay, etc) is in place and fulfill efficiently.
Objective 2 : Team management :
- Train the team in the rules of hygiene, prescriptions and medical supervision ;
- Work in team with the nurses, measurer and the registrar ;
- Establish a work plan for his team ;
- Control the planning of his team ;
- In case of absence of a direct team members, manage who will take over the activities
- Organize training sessions ;
- Carry out appraisal interviews
Objective 3 : Reporting
- Compile and submit statistics on nutrition activities at HFs on a regular basis.
- Do a medical/ dietary supply consumption report
- Monthly morbidity and mortality report
- Ensure that HFs compile monthly statistical report
- Participate to the APR
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Educational / Professional Background :
Graduated degree medical doctor