|Date Posted:||Apr 24, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kardan University:
Established in 2002, Kardan University is the first and largest privately-owned University in Afghanistan. Kardan is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in numerous professional disciplines. Kardan currently offers quality and international standard educational opportunities to over 8,000 students in the field of business, law, IT and Civil Engineering at its campuses. In 2013, Kardan University has been awarded with the prestigious ‘Top Performer Award’ by the Ministry of Higher Education, Government of Afghanistan - a testimony to its first-class stature. To reaffirm this, Kardan University was granted the University status by the Ministry of Higher Education. Kardan is the only University not only in Afghanistan but also in the region to get candidacy status from the IACBE, USA, an established and well reputed international accreditation body. Kardan University believes in the sense of commitment for excellence and quality and is committed to serve as a key player in the development and enhancement of education in the Afghanistan through its innovative curricular programs.
Are you passionate about training, development and helping create career opportunities for others? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
We are seeking a results-oriented and experienced supervisor to lead Kardan University’s Training and Career Center.
You will be expected to develop innovative ideas and explore strategic career opportunities for the University’s students and alumni. Key activities will include organizing professional development seminars, creating internships and job opportunities, establishing and maintaining partnerships with national and international employers, as well as organizing job fairs to promote student internships and employment. The supervisor will report to the Chief Operating Officer of Kardan University. Competitive salary and benefits package at management level will be offered to the selected candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, design and lead the execution of career development strategy with a focus on job creation for the university’s students and alumni.
- Design, develop and maintain a database of jobseekers including students and alumni.
- Design and help deliver career development seminars, training, workshops and professional development programs.
- Support students to obtain internships, job opportunities and other career opportunities through active engagement with the employers.
- Develop and lead the team of career development specialists.
- Assist students in finding academic or vocational training programs, writing resumes, locating potential employers and conducting mock interviews.
- Lead, develop and manage various career development programs for the potential employees.
- Maintain professional and continued partnerships with private and public sector employers through meetings, agreements, special events and mutually beneficial initiatives.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Strong organizational, conceptual, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and cooperatively within a team and independently.
- Knowledge of current higher education trends, particularly in the private sector.
· Familiarity of higher education career services planning, promotion and communication approaches.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, management, social sciences or related field. A master’s degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in career development, job placement or related field.