|Date Posted:||Nov 24, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 10, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FHI360/ NHTAP Project:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Supply Chain & Health Systems Strengthening (SC/HSS) Technical Specialist (NTAP project)
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of SC/HSS Technical Specialist for an anticipated multiyear USAID National Technical Assistance Program (NTAP) in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services across Afghanistan. The program will enhance the Afghan Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Afghanistan and ultimately improve health outcomes among Afghans nationally.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The SC/HSS Technical Specialist will be an FHI 360 employee working in and placed at the NTAP office in Kabul. Under the guidance of the QI Associate Director, the SC/HSS Technical Specialist will assist with development, coordination, and implementation of related supply chain and health systems strengthening (HSS) activities; monitoring consortium partner implementation of HSS activities; and providing focused technical assistance as needed to government and consortium partner teams.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assisting in the development, implementation, and monitoring of supply chain and HSS technical assistance activities, in conjunction with MoPH and consortium partners.
· Providing technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, strategies for technical assistance and mentorship, reports, and other materials for HSS capacity development.
· Ensuring project implementation adheres to organization and project strategy and remains technically sound.
· Working closely with assigned team to ensure activities and mentorship are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and national guidelines for HSS and supply chain management standards.
· Assisting with the implementation of the project by monitoring and documenting technical assistance and mentorship approaches, processes, and outcomes for supply chain and HSS activities.
· Preparing reports and papers summarizing project results, assists with publications, web pages and presentation development, technical briefs, or other necessary documents to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures related to HSS and supply chain management programming.
· Conducting searches of published literature and international standards on evolving issues and best practices in supply chain management and HSS.
· Conducting analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical assistance strategy and guidelines.
· Delivering presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
· Willingness to travel to national regions for technical assistance provision and quality assurance.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Master’s degree in health, public health, or related field; experience in HSS or supply chain management preferred.
· 5-8 years of technical assistance experience in HSS or supply chain with at least one prior management-level position.
· Proficiency with database management software, Microsoft Office Suite, and on-line search tools required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dari; fluency in Pashto highly desirable.
· Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
· Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with stakeholders.
· Prior work experience in a similar position within a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills and strong ability to manage and meet multiple tasks.
· Substantial experience of developing working relations with stakeholders and beneficiaries; government systems strengthening experience with a development agency preferred.
· Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for primary health and nutrition activities/ projects highly desired.
- Qualified female candidates particularly encouraged to apply