|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI - Afghanistan
Save the Children has worked in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
To provide Supply Chain support to the Save the Children team in the province and in the management and implementation of all programme work. To ensure that programme planning and implementation is in line with the Country Strategic Plan and thematic plans which are in turn derived from the Country Situation Analysis and Save the Children organisational goals and priorities aimed at achieving maximum positive changes for children.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Support Provincial Manager, in coordination with country office Supply Chain team, ensuring that a clear Supply Chain plan for the project strategy, objectives and activities in the province is developed and implemented
· Ensure that Save the Children minimum standards of Supply Chain procedures are introduced and adhered to within the province, briefing and training all relevant staff as required
· In coordination with country office Supply Chain team develop the supply chain from point of needs of the beneficiaries to delivery of supplies in the field; ensuring timely and cost effective procurement, order tracking, transportation, storage and distribution of all project supplies in line with SCI and Donor regulations
· Leads the program’s procurement needs in a transparent and ethical manner for all actions required to plan, solicit, negotiate, and award diverse types and sizes of procurements
· Designs and maintains a comprehensive record-keeping and monitoring system for all procurement transactions
· Tracking the expenditure ceiling of FWAs at Kandahar level and report it to Country office Supply Chain team on monthly basis, to make sure that all expenditures in relation to specific FWAs are within the ceiling limit.
· Ensures that procurement documentation and electronic filing systems are organized in a user friendly manner which are compliant with all Save the children International procurement policies, procedures, and regulations
· Prepares weekly procurement report and update the procurement tracker submit to Kandahar Senior Provincial Manager and send to Kabul Supply Chain department
· Preparing and sharing the monthly Supply Chain KPI report to the provincial Manager for review and send it to Country office Supply Chain team up to the 5th day of the following month.
- Coordinates and supervises supply activities in support of all program operations: supply storage, inventory, accountability, cataloguing, preservation and packaging of materials, shipping and transportation, utilization and disposition of Save the children International Provincial office
· Manage SCI vehicle fleet in province; scheduling of vehicle allocation for project activities, ensuring vehicles are regularly serviced and maintained according SCI schedules and procedures and drivers are trained in appropriate use and care of their vehicles
· Ensure that TIM is properly used by the province office to capture all stock able items, and is updated on real bases.
· TIM report has to be shared on weekly basis with the country office Senior Warehouse officer
· Make sure that system generated GRN is issued to all procurement of stock able items. (Manual GRN can only be used if and only if the Head of Supply Chain/delegate at country office approves)
· Ensuring that stock management procedures are implemented in provincial and project warehouses and stores; that the project supplies are stored and rotated in an appropriate way, ensuring adequate controls are in place and regular stock checks are carried out to validate the systems.
· Ensure that Stock release form (SRF) is filled and approved by the appropriate Budget holder, for any stocks to be released from the warehouse.
- Ensure that warehouse related procedures are followed strictly and all necessary forms are used, filled and filed correctly during receipt, storage and dispatch of the supplies
- Conduct monthly stock checks and stock reconciliations every six months
- Ensure warehouse log book system is in place
· Updated TIM generated stock status at provincial level has to be regularly shared with provincial manager and all other provincial level project managers/coordinators on weekly basis, for their knowledge, follow up and action.
· Asset management; ensure that all SCI program assets are logged on the programme asset register and issued with unique SCI Asset ID numbers. Maintain tracking system of all equipment issued to the staff and that staff are trained in the use and care of equipment issued to them
· If an asset is procured at the provincial office level, it has to be immediately reported to the country office Asset Management focal person.
· Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Ensure personal commitment in building constructive working relationship with partners based on SCI partnership principles spelled out in Theory of Change
- Contribute in organizational assessment, capacity needs assessment and response in coordination with PU
- Make sure that SCI commitments and expectations to and from partner organizations are met and reinforce these when need be
- Make sure that partners receive good inception at the beginning of partnership on SCI requirements
- Ensure personal commitment that all projects are equipped with MEAL systems like quality benchmarks, billboards, posters to exhibit MEAL messages for activities
- Ensure action plans from quality monitoring and accountability systems are generated and implemented in timely manner collaboration with MEAL team
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results together with children and role modeling Save the Children values;
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team, takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same;
· Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others;
· Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues at both national and regional level members, donors and partners;
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength;
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency;
· Always acts in the best interests of children.
A Minimum of First Degree/BA degree in Supply Chain Management, accounting, Management, and at least three years of practical work experience in Supply Chain
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with their team, colleagues, members and community.
· Believe in team work.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and her/his team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
Motivates others to achieve the set targets