|Date Posted:||Oct 18, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Oct 30, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Procurement and logistics|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||12 months|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. In 2014, WFP fed over 3.6 million vulnerable Afghans and our operations include: capacity building, Purchase of Progress (P4P), Food Voucher, Food for Assets, Food for Work, Food for Training, Food for Education, Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition and Emergency Relief. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters.
To provide analytics and contributions to the supply chain activities or/and contribute to field supply chain operations, following an effective and integrated supply chain approach meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries and service provision requirements for partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support with the monitoring and management of the Afghanistan downstream pipeline to maximize operational effectiveness and providing advice on resource allocations based on severity of pipeline shortfalls using relevant pipeline tools.
• Supports with the strategic visibility on prioritized operations to supply chain management, anticipating and flagging potential issues to be mitigated or addressed.
• Performs what-if scenario analyses to support the resolution of ad-hoc issues affecting supply chains.
• Supports strategic and tactical planning analyses to structurally improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations at country level and through corridors.
• Supports to promote best practices in supply chain planning and identify further opportunities to improve or streamline processes, tools, and systems.
• Coordinates closely with relevant functional areas across Country Offices, Regional Bureau, and HQ to obtain inputs required for operational analyses and ensure a 360 view.
• Builds capacity of field staff on supply chain pipeline tools and processes.
• Supports conceptual and quantitative analyses of prioritized supply chain improvement projects.
• Supports with the development of different SOPs and tracking tools for managing pipeline and supply chain to ensure optimizing the operation ensure timely delivery of food assistance and overcome SC challenges.
• Provides SC information on stocks and resources required through dashboards and SC tools.
• Any other duties, as required.
- Advanced University degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Transport Economics, Logistics, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Experience in food pipeline management is required.
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency in oral and written local languages (Pashto & Dari) is desirable.