|Date Posted:||Aug 5, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 13, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Procurement and logistics|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||7 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
- Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non-profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its headquarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. It is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued assisting in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
- Under supervision of supply Chain and Services Manager and manage end to end supply chain and services of the area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure supply chain in timely, efficient & cost effective manner
- Manage the documentation and monitoring of flow of materials to support project delivery
- Work closely with IR field team and Country office to develop thorough understanding of the working environment and avoid knowledge and performance gaps
- Support the staging of IR team orientation and awareness sessions to IR field staff and communities at grass root level
- Draft, negotiate and control the issuing of localized contracts with the advice of Manager SC & services
- Manage the correct storage, usage and maintenance of IR assets
- Manage & timely update Fixed assets register of Area and filed office
- Timely reporting and handling of maintenance and repair of all office equipments, building and furniture, fixtures, vehicles.
- Supervision of support staff and SC department in Field Office
- Ensuring proper travel arrangements for all staff and guests between different offices
- To ensure that appropriate contract agreements for the office and accommodation are drawn up & signed.
- Maintaining proper record of documents issued or received till the final receipt of goods and final payments to suppliers.
- Receive and verify all the goods from supplier
- Supervision of arrangements of seminars, conferences and interviews.
- Supply equipment and materials to required destinations in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Plan and maintain logistical support for IRP field operations
- Supervises and oversee food items, non-food items, medical supplies, and equipment related to the projects of IRP.
- To ensure that logistics work in the field location is carried out in coordination with logistics and other field locations.
- Establishing domestic arrangements for operational teams, including renovating accommodation, and making arrangements for other domestic needs, travel arrangements etc.
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents
- Regular progress reporting to Line Manager and Technical Line Manager
- Managing warehouses
- Properly managing Vehicle Management System
- Ensure proper and timely cross charging of Vehicles
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
- Support in budget preparation
- Ensure subordinates are adhering to IR policies and procedures
- Bring improvement in the process and procedures after identifying the gaps
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications (Bullet Points)
- Bachelor Degree is Required (BBA-Management)
- Understanding of warehousing protocols
- Excellent organizational and information management skills
- Able to conduct rigorous checks on data and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate and report both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Problem solving skills and self-management - able to form creative solutions in problem solving.
Fluency in Dari (written and spoken is essential)
Fluency in English (written and spoken is essential)
Local language will be desirable
Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure and to deadlines.
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work sensitively with people from various cultural and social backgrounds.
Able to build productive working relationships with local/provincial authority figures, colleagues, and members of other organizations.
Strong numeracy skills with knowledge of budgeting and cost estimating are required.
Willing to adapt to IR’s norms and values without compromising personal beliefs and principles.
Excellent IT skills and use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel
Experience (Bullet Points)
3+ years with Master Degree / 6 + years of experience with Graduation
Key Personal Qualities (Bullet Points)
Working Experience of ERP system
He or She must have experience of working for a Humanitarian Organization specifically in Emergency Preparedness in developing democracies.