|Date Posted:||Jul 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees (20% women), FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches (including one women only branch). The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about 180,000 (23% women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The Recovery and Special Assets Management function is critical to prudently managing the bank’s non-performing loan (NPL) accounts; the incumbent of the position is responsible to fully support the Recovery Manager and field recovery staff on collection of past due accounts that are assigned to the recovery unit.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial statements.
- Good knowledge of Secured Transaction Law on Movable property in banking transaction.
- Good knowledge of Law on Mortgage of Immovable Property in banking transaction.
- Good knowledge (or willingness to learn) of the DAB and Basle Committee rules and regulations pertaining to prudential risk management.
- Understanding of legal remedies available in loan default scenarios.
- Prior experience working effectively with outside counsel/party.
- Knowledge of banking principles, policies and procedures
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, managing time and resources.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs specially in Excel.
- Good command of English communication.
- Good analytical thinking and attention to details and strong written communication skills.
- Can-do attitude, good organizer with self-planning skills with strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Independent mindset, able to draw conclusions and communicate his/her concerns in a clear and concise manner to the management.
- Good communication and reporting / presentation skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in the Recovery Manager and recovery team of all aspects of the bank’s NPL account recoveries.
- Upon transfer of a loan into Recovery, review loan for documentation and other deficiencies and evaluate status.
- Prepare monthly NPL account and recovery report documenting account status and impairment status. Prepare other management reports as required.
- Prepare notices letter, pre-negotiation agreements, reservation of rights, etc.
- Analyze financial condition and the credit status of borrowers and guarantors. Prepare financial statements of the customer to evaluate cash flows and the borrower’s/guarantor’s ability to repay the loan under current or modified repayment plans.
- Analyze collateral value. Review real estate appraisal reports, research current market data, business evaluation reports, accounts receivable audits, operating statements, etc.
- Assist Recovery Manager and monitor ongoing performance of the loans being paid under forbearances, settlements, modifications, etc.
- Maintain and update NPL files with appropriate documentation.
- Assist manager in all stages of the recovery process.
- Assist manager on appropriate impairment analyses, accrual and non-accrual determinations, reserves and charge-off recommendations
- Analyze data to help manager on reporting the financial deficiencies resulting from MF and SME NPL account, and maintain/retain data and records based on DAB’s asset classification and provisioning regulation.
- Closely work with Recovery Officers and provide full administration supports.
- Ensure adherence to policies, procedures, customer’s rights protection circular and other appropriate compliance measures in handling Special Assets accounts.
- Ensure timely reporting to the manager on exposure and potential losses, reserve amounts, and asset classification changes.
- Prepare monthly report to the Management and stakeholders on special assets, collection and losses.
- Prepare quarterly report for the Risk Management Committee on special assets, collection and losses.
- Prepare Ad hoc report on financial losses, their impact and lessons learnt.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The position requires bachelor degree in Business Administration with over 3 years of work experience SME lending, data analyses and administration; preference will be given to candidates with experience SME lending and recoveries.
- Minimum 3 years of lending and recoveries with the bank/MFI.