|Date Posted:||Feb 14, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 27, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care mothers and children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides161-bed inpatient care for children and adults, including 15 beds for pediatric intensive care, 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory, 52 new beds for maternal care, 63 beds allocated for pediatric medical and surgical units and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit. Six operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education considering a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its e-Health programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan. FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.”
Duties & Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
1. Establishing goals and objectives, quality plan and indicators and following the same for Operation Room (OR).
2. Coordinating with all stake holders; Head Nurse OR, Head Nurse surgical floor and all surgeons.
3. Managing all ORs effectively by developing OR planner for each day, implementing the same and analyzing day to day variances in OR list as planned.
4. Facilitating various surgeons in utilizing OR in maximum capacity to increase the access to patients required surgery and to meet the volume targets.
5. Strengthen the current policies and procedures of OR, Recovery Room and CSSD.
6. Conducting internal quality audits and following-up on findings
7. Acquire FMIC OR towards compliance for international standards through JCIA.
Candidates should be/have:
1. Bachelors degree in Nursing (B. ScN) from reputable institution;
2. At least 3- 5 years of Nursing experience preferably in pediatric operation rooms;
3. Good Communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto;
4. Ability to organize workload and identify priorities appropriately;
5. Qualities to be a team player and contributes towards team building;
6. Ability to generate periodic reports.