|Date Posted:||Feb 7, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 19, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Execute professional geodesy activities including topographical survey, leveling, traversing, mapping, modeling, design, staking and layout, construction monitoring, reporting and communications. Some of the successful candidates will be assigned in office for cartographical activities and the others will be assigned as field engineers for geodetic activities based on the final decision and agreement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Mentor, develop, and lead less experienced staff in completing work tasks to meet both client and internal quality/efficiency expectations. Emphasize teamwork and look for continuous improvement in all individual task and project work.
2. Coordinate the geodesy efforts within his team and with the Survey Engineer.
3. Control, compile, draft, establish the basic geodetic and field controls plus geo-referencing, and cartographic products.
4. Apply professional and specialized knowledge in geodetic skills when providing technical guidance to contingency elements and clients/contractors.
5. Understand and be able to work effectively in the engineering field of geodesy.
6. Interpret and analyze raw data to prepare the topo and other multi dimensional maps and drawings.
7. Plan and coordinate field work programs associated with the projects of the company in which he is assigned.
8. Prepare field reports, internal correspondence, sections of formal reports.
9. Follow company security and safety standards, site security and safety standards.
â€¢ B.Sc. Degree in Survey or Geodesy or Diploma in Survey with 2 year experience.
â€¢ Good command of English language, spoken, typing and written is preferable.
â€¢ Good computer skills including Internet, Word, Excel.
â€¢ Able to work within a team, over time and in under pressure situations.
â€¢ Dari language is required.
â€¢ Technical Ability/Experience in survey or geodesy.
â€¢ Knowledge in using AutoCAD Civil 3D or AutoCAD Land Desktop, and other mapping software.
â€¢ Excellent in working with Total Station (Leica Products), optic and digital level (Leica Products), Manual GPS.