|Date Posted:||Sep 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
UNOPS strategy for Afghanistan is aimed at providing maximum support to the Government and people of Afghanistan though the delivery of projects and services in line with the government’s own priorities. The UNOPS Afghanistan Operation Center (AFOC) has been established as an organizational mechanism to deliver a range of projects for which UNOPS has been designated as the implementation agency. At present, UNOPS AFOC is implementing a number of projects in a range of sectors including infrastructure (roads and schools) development, capacity building to various ministries, and environmental protection, among others, on behalf of the Government of Afghanistan and the donor community.
The functional objective of UNOPS AFOC is to deliver projects in an efficient and effective manner, to achieve the development outcomes sought by the Government of Afghanistan and the donor community, where capacity building is always considered and encouraged. The aim of UNOPS AFOC is to provide implementation services to the Government of Afghanistan, the donor community and partner agencies in the reconstruction and development of the country. In doing so, UNOPS aims to exceed client expectations in the delivery of quality services throughout the country.
The Project for Development of Water Supply Facilities in Dehsabz South Area - Parcel 2.2 (JICA V), funded by the Government of Japan (GoJ) through the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) involves the design review, construction and installation of water supply facilities which are intended to support the planned new Kabul City. The water supply facilities include the following specific project scope components for design review, procurement of construction works, construction supervision, financial management and reporting. Planned construction works outputs include the construction and installation of boreholes (testing and production wells), water pumping station, water transmission main, water pressure regulating reservoir and principle water distribution main system.
Requires travel to provinces:
Please see the main announcement in UNOPS site for more details
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager and reporting directly to the Deputy Project Manager, the Surveyor for the project is expected to support the implementation of the project activities through the provision of technical expertise and the application of best practices in the project implementation. The Surveyor, who is expected to be working in the Project Site Office, will assist the QA/QC Engineer and Monitoring Engineers to oversee implementation of contract works in confirming to the technical specifications and approved design drawings.
Specifically, the Surveyor will be responsible for multiple construction sites and shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the Project Manager to ensure the overall and timely delivery of UNOPS JICA V Project in Kabul Province;
- Understanding the technical specification and scope of work of contractors that have been assigned to him/her by the Project Manager (or Deputy Project on behalf of Project Manager)
- Planning and conducting engineering surveys for the project water supply facilities and recording all site related details;
- Preparing a contour map of pipelines and project sites;
- Assist the Project team in revising the design documents as per the proposed changes;
- Co-ordinate with Water Supply, Electronic Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, and other units as applicable, to ensure dissemination of surveying data;
- Checking the layout of the pipeline alignments and structures;
- Organise, conduct and supervise implementation of detailed topographic surveys of project water facilities at the construction stages;
- Conduct pre- and post-construction surveys and ensure the construction is in accordance with the approved design drawings and BoQ;
- Work closely with the project designers to ensure proper collection, dissemination and use of survey data;
- Ensure surveying equipment is well maintained and in good working condition;
- Report regularly to the Project Manager and keep the record of all survey related documents;
- Mentoring and building the capacity of counterpart surveyors;
Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/Geodesy or a relevant field from a recognized university;