|Date Posted:||Jul 28, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 7, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 10 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking. According to the mid-term strategy of the bank, the branch network and operation of this company will be expanded rapidly in the coming 1 year time. For more information kindly visit: www.aub.af or www.afghanunitedbank.com
Managing and Maintaining Unix based Servers and Storage systems.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Installing, managing and troubleshooting Solaris 10 on SPARC and x86 servers.
2. Configuring, managing and troubleshooting of Sun Clusters 3.2.
3. Applying System Patches.
4. Plan, coordinate and execute UNIX Security patches.
5. Logging of issues and coordinating with Vendors for issue resolution.
6. Diagnose and fix Performance issues.
7. Configure and troubleshoot Veritas Net Backup.
â€¢ University degree the field of Information Technology.
â€¢ At least 2 years of managing Sun Solaris systems preferably in a banking domain.
â€¢ Strong knowledge and experience in hardware and software configurations, including clustering technologies, storage technologies, libraries and multi-domain systems.
â€¢ Exposure to Solaris containers/zones is desirable.
â€¢ Experience in Web Logic and Shell Scripting is desirable.