|Date Posted:||Mar 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 6, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
System Analyst will mainly be responsible to assess and analyze different MoE department (Certificate department, CBE Unit, learning assessment, planning departments, HR department) procedures and structure for automation MIS systems development,
System analyst will also be responsible to prepare concepts, and proposals for information systems development and implementation. System Analyst will also be responsible to prepare architectural design and Data Flow Diagrams of the MIS systems in MoE. A part from this, the System Analyst should have good coordination with other team members. System Analyst will report to Sr. System Analyst (MIS Manager) and will focus on achieving the EQRA DLIs related to EMIS and ICT.
Duties & Responsibilities:
System Analyst will be responsible for the following:
• Assess and analyze MoE departmental, and procedural structure to improve the manual systems in the short term and propose computerized system to increase efficiency in future
• Assist EMIS manager in preparing project proposals for reviving or restructuring the departmental practices and procedures
• Assist in development, review and implementation of Information Systems Development Policy, Procedures and Standards
• Define application problem by conferring with clients; evaluating procedures and processes
• Develop solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow of process automation
• Controls solution by establishing specifications; coordinating production with programmers.
• Validate results by testing programs
• Accomplish information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• Convert conceptual design into technical MIS solutions
• Configure the developed system, prepare demo data for system demonstration and share system knowledge with other relevant departments
• Develop and implement object-oriented system design
• The system analyst is responsible to take lead in logical software design and software development procedures
• The system analyst is responsible for making Data Flow and UML Diagrams for different MIS systems of MoE
• The system analyst is responsible technical development manual
• The system analyst is responsible to assist in developing data collection plan, collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed system
• Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
• Assist the statistics unit in data entry, check and validate data entry to ensure data quality
• Build capacity of civil Servants in terms of coding, development and data retrieval
• Perform any other relevant tasks and duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
• All MIS systems in MoE are properly analyzed
• Needs and requirements of end-users are properly defined for development of software solutions
• Good quality MIS applications are developed using Software development techniques
• Software Requirement Specification (SRS) documents and user manuals are developed for all systems
• Capacities of civil servants are built in terms of systems analysis, design and data flow diagrams
System Analyst will report to Sr. System Analyst (MIS Manager).
a. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Studies, Information Technology, Computer System Engineering, or related degrees.
a. With Masters 5 Years and with bachelors 7 Years of relevant experience (programming and software development).
1. The recruitment will be done through transparent and competitive processes.
2. Work conditions
1. The System Analyst work according to Afghanistan MoE’s and donors' rules and regulation.
2. MoE will provide a proper work station at MoE main building.
1. The initial three months will be considered a probationary period.
2. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership as well as by the WB with observers of the key donors.
3. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
4. Contract extension is subject to fund availability, organization’s need and satisfactory performance.
a. Strong computer Skills.
b. Excellent communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari languages
c. Proposal and report writing skills
d. Effective Software Project Management Skills.