|Date Posted:||Oct 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Nov 3, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||2 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanistan Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (ATRA) is the independent regulator of the telecom sector. It is responsible for implementing the Telecommunications Sector Policy and enforcing the provisions of the Telecom Law. ATRA strives to create an enabling environment for the private sector to invest in developing telecom and Internet infrastructure and services. ATRA aims to achieve an enabling private sector-backed telecom market and services in Afghanistan through creating and enforcing regulations, applying standards, providing universal access to the services, regulating the market, overseeing and fostering competition in the telecom market-- all in a non-discriminatory and transparent manner. ATRA works closely with its stakeholders, the private sector, government entities and end-users and telecom services recipients to improve the level playing field in the telecom and Internet domains in Afghanistan.
ATRA through its contractor is developing a Realtime Data Management System (RTDMS) in order to ensure transparency on 10% TSF (telecom service fee) collection and telecom sector revenue. The System Security Expert is a key team member at ATRA’s RTDMS team who will provide critical support to its system security department.
As the System Security Expert, the candidate will manage and supervise all systems and relevant areas ensuring the optimum and secure performance of the systems.
The candidate will make sure that relevant infrastructure is operated professionally, effectively by following confidentiality and performance standards. The candidate must have a strong aptitude for Information Security, Networks, Information Systems and Information Security Infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● The system Security Expert takes care of the day-to-day operations and data structures by overseeing the operational performance.
● Conducts threat and risk analysis and provides essential suggestions. The professional support in performing research, testing, evaluation, and deployment of data security and system security procedures
● Responsible for collecting and analyzing data and related security threats and assist in eliminating risk, performance and capacity issues
● Security Expert creates own security tools, policies, HCLS and ways, and actively takes part in the security architecture review of client technologies
● System Security Expert assists in designing and developing security features for system architectures
● Design secure principles and optimize new technology services
● Communicate the system status and keep users informed of downtime or any preplanned intentional or natural changes to the system
● Organize and conduct tests and “ethical hacks” of the existing security architecture
● Act as internal expert on matters relating to intrusion detection and incident response
● Keep technical knowledge current through continuing education
● Being able to detect all types of security intrusions and proactively preventing the possible threats.
● Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s prefered, in in Computer Science, Telecom, software engineering or related field
● At least 4 years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree, and 2 years with Master’s degree is required
● GCIA, GCIH and CISSP (or equivalent) certification (preferred)
● Professional Language Proficiency in National Languages of Pashto and Dari, as well as in English
● Be an Afghan Citizen with no crime record.
● Extensive knowledge of current security risks and protocols
● Good analytical and problem solving skills
● Willingness to work on-call basis in the event of a security breach and other emergency
● Desire to self-educate on the ever-changing landscape of cyber security
● Forensic approach to challenges
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
● All applications (CVs and cover letters) should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please, clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
● The deadline for submission of the application is: November 03, 2020