|Date Posted:||Nov 18, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Dec 2, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||8|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||12 months|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. In 2014, WFP fed over 3.6 million vulnerable Afghans and our operations include: capacity building, Purchase of Progress (P4P), Food Voucher, Food for Assets, Food for Work, Food for Training, Food for Education, Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition and Emergency Relief. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters.
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the WFP Afghanistan all System backups and data security/privacy by collecting and analyzing accurate reports on ICT activities, investments, deployment, and managing WFP corporate standards.
- Provide end user ICT supports to all staff including visitors and consultants as per WFP corporate standards
- Make sure for document/filling management system support of Office365 packages to all users. Presenting and guidance to the users for the usage of Office365 Packages are properly managed.
- Make sure for the management and support of WFP AFG Ticketing System and WFP AFG ITService Desk emails on regular basis, provide solution/support or feedback on technician assignment.
- Directly in touch with the users regarding of using the license-based software according to the WFP policy and standard, further following up with the software procurement processes, installation and guidance to the users.
- Visit/Survey, Support for the end users and weekly maintenance of all network devices within the organization.
- Follow to set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency ICT assistance/support after official and/or weekends.
- Monitor WFP Corporate Apps, system security, and make sure all systems are up to date and complied with WFP security policy
- To ensure staff have access to the required ICT services and products both on Intranet and Internet 24/7.
- To ensure ICT policies, procedures, systems, and tools are correctly applied to assist WFP staff (and other UN agencies when needed) in conducting their Work.
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialized network monitoring and system protection, to ensure ICT infrastructure is running effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyze data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend ICT solutions to support informed decision-making.
- Provide technical and operational support to the CP and programme team to effectively operationalize the WFP SCOPE (Beneficiary management system) in the relevant area.
- Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT unit to support the continuous improvement of ICT services provided.
- Understand global data privacy and protection rules and regulations.
- Keep up-to-date technical systems documentation for advanced IT solutions to support systems maintenance.
- Resolve queries independently, escalate if required, ensure that standard IT questions are answered and provide accurate information to staff.
- Support the coordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Assist in the release of IT systems and provide early life support to prepare for and enable proper use of the IT solution.
- Contribute to installation, configuration, and customization of IT systems and integration and immigration of data between systems, ensuring compliance with WFP's IT standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Collect and collate data, conduct fundamental analysis to support the development of accurate reports.
Bachelor’s in computer science, or Information Technology is required.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
• Knowledge of safety precautions
• Ability to inspect and evaluate equipment/appliances and resolve malfunctioning quickly with other ICT staff.
• Ability to carry out the installation of the ICT equipment/appliances expertly and sometimes under difficult and awkward physical circumstances.
• Ability to multi-task and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to job requirements.
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing and draft various correspondence.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Five or more years of progressive experience in ICT.
Completion of two of the following certifications:
Fluency (level C) in English, Pashto and Dari is required. Knowledge of another official language of the United Nations would be an advantage.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Nangarhar, Balkh, Kandahar, Herat
Please copy and paste the below link into the browser to access the VA.