|Date Posted:||Feb 10, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 19, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft fÃ¼r Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is all about. Established on 1 January 2011, it brings together under one roof the long-standing expertise of the Deutscher Entwicklungsdienst (DED) gGmbH (German Development Service), the Deutsche Gesellschaft fÃ¼r Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH (German Technical Cooperation) and Inwent â€“ Capacity Building International, Germany. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The Tax and Inventory Management Assistant is a member of the Accounting and Internal Control Unit of the GIZ Country Office Kabul. A part of the ToR of the unit is to pay taxes on behalf of all GIZ activities in Afghanistan and to maintain proper record keeping for the same. The Tax and Inventory Management Assistant will have to continuously update his or her knowledge of the tax regulations of the government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Besides, he / she will be responsible to develop, maintain and standardize the GIZ Inventory Records for the Country Office Kabul. In order to be able to achieve these two important goals, the Tax and Inventory Management Assistant will be doing the following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Reads, understands and implements GIZ Orientation and Rules in his/her day to day work. Pays particular interest to the parts on Inventory Management and Financial management.
2. Reads, understands and implements in his / her routine work all Tax â€“ Related regulations and laws of the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Moreover, he or she acts as the focal point with Ministry of Finance and Tax Department on all tax related issues for the unit.
3. Communicates, coordinates and facilitates receiving the monthly Tax payment requests from all GIZ activities in Afghanistan and processes them in line with GIZ financial management regulations.
4. Provides constant support to the project administrative staff on tax issues, and refers any outstanding issues to the Unit Manager.
5. Creates, maintains and daily updates the tax payment records and make sure they are easy to read, access and organized. Moreover, maintains proper filing for tax payments, and other tax related communications with the government.
6. Designs a user friendly and comprehensive database for the GIZ Country Office Inventory Records.
7. In collaboration with the Office Accountant, updates the records on a monthly basis.
8. He / She is in constant contact with the HQS Finance and Inventory Units and duly respond to any requests made from them.
9. Prepares the monthly inventory reports for all Office Journals and annual inventory reports as of 30th June for GIZ Country Office and sends to the HQs Inventory Unit.
10. Accomplishes any other task as maybe assigned by the Unit Manager or the Head of Administration.
1. The post requires professional and Technical knowledge and the candidates shall possess at least high school diploma. As it is not an entry-level position, anyone applying should have significant work e in taxation and inventory, in similar organizations, preferably in international organizations, NGOs.
2. He or she shall be fluent in English, Pashto and Dari and shall possess sound communication skills.