|Date Posted:||Mar 19, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 8, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
ZNCC is established decades before, supports and successfully completed numerous constructions, electrical, and transportation projects for the US and Afghan Governments. ZNCC has experience of implementing multi-millions energy and construction complex projects. Since our inception, we have developed a trusted and reliable firm by building solid relationships with our clients, employees, suppliers and contractors.
The Tax officer will oversee all the tax affairs of the ZNCC business and financial objectives by ensuring that ZNCC maintains a fully compliant tax position at all times. In this regard, the Tax Officer will ensure the prompt and accurate processing and filing of the relevant tax returns and manage payment of the relevant taxes to the relevant tax authorities whenever due. He will liaise with the relevant tax authorities to ensure that all outstanding issues on open tax audits and investigations are closed and resolved speedily and efficiently.
Requires travel to provinces:
1. Excellent report writing skills.
2. Know-how of the Afghan finance and Taxation related laws.
3. Knowledge of tax and financial software’s and MS Office.
4. Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
5. Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions in the organization.
6. Strong team player with proven inter-personal and coaching skills.
7.Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Afghan local languages.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for tax compliance covering the filing of required tax returns with the Ministry of Finance in due time including, but not limited to, ZNCC Income tax, withholding tax, Business Receipt Tax (BRT), Salary Tax, Rent Tax, Personnel Income tax, import & Export duties and all other employer-employee-related taxes, statutory contributions, levies, rates and assessments.
- Liaise with tax authorities and act as the key point of contact and support taxation matters of ZNCC.
- Provide innovative tax planning and review complex income tax returns.
- Responsible for consolidating the overall tax from all subsidiaries and submit to Ministry of finance.
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance process.
- Manage and coordinate tax audits.
- Prepare all tax papers in regular basis and handle all information data requests.
- Responsible for clearing of Monthly, Quarter, and annual tax returns with MOF.
- Responsible for the prompt payment of all taxes, statutory contributions, levies, rates and assessments due to the Government as the case may be in due time periodically.
- Liaise with the finance team and Chief Financial Officer on all matters and provide necessary support to them for timely response to tax queries and resolution and closure of all tax audits and investigations, processing and obtainment of the ZNCC’s annual corporate tax clearance certificate for the ZNCC’s staff.
- Answer and respond to clients’ inquiries on their tax problems.
- Schedule and organize tax works and assignments for tax professionals and practitioners.
- Assist and support tax practitioners and professionals in filing tax payment & returns on time.
- Organize and manage all tax reports, statements and documents relating to clients.
- Maintain strict client confidentiality relating to their tax matters and other duties as that shall be assigned by the senior management.
- Works with financial management officials to develop tax strategies that involve both incentives and tax-compliance recognition
- Prepares company and client tax forms and data while offering tax accounting advice to company departments
- Maintains and updates working knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including new filing practices, deadlines, and any company-specific information
- Responsible for effective tax planning as per Afghanistan Income Tax Law
- Any other job related tasks that shall be assigned by the CFO or CEO.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor degree in finance economics or accounting.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in tax practice in a reputable firm and/or industry.
- Ability to analyze financial information efficiently and accurately.
- Highly Committed, Disciplined honest and hard-worker.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CVs along with a cover letter to Jobs@zncc.com no later than 8-Apr-2020. The subject line of the email must be as: Tax Officer ZNCC/VA-07/2020.