|Date Posted:||Feb 11, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Feb 27, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||20000 - 40000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
ïƒ¼ Planning the implementation of new private nurseries and orchards, under the supervision of TA Horticulture.
ïƒ¼ The TL Forestry will follow the Madera internal rules (Administration and security rules).
ïƒ¼ To manage the activities of Forestry and mobilization of the team for implementation of the projects and the training of local key orchard owners and other interested local farmers for increasing their technical knowledge according the new systems of culture operations.
ïƒ¼ To train the agro-team for increasing their technical skills for extension purpose.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meeting with trainers of demonstrative orchards once or twice a month about fruit production.
- Organize the training of farmers in Forestry, following the guidelines established
- Visit observation and giving technical advices to private orchards and nurseries owners.
- Back up private orchards and nurseries activities to TA Forestry.
- Promote among farmers the introduction of new techniques in fruit production
- Assist the creation and strengthening process of a farmer association dedicated to offer commercial and non commercial services.
- Organize and supervise the distribution of supplies in private nurseries.
- Preparation of monthly and monthly fund request and monthly and quarterly reports to TA and PC.
- Participate to the interview of all technicians, nursery manager and gardeners of the Forestry
- The TL Forestry works under the supervision of TA Forestry, deputy Forestry and project manager Forestry for technically aspects and PC province for administrative aspects.
- Providing the schedule and personnel work plan for the team of Forestry and follow-up the team according their prepared work plan and their responsibilities and tasks to be done in a good way.
â€¢ Supervising and controlling:
- Supervising Forestry team for their activities according project tasks to be implementing.
- Photographing the Forestry project activities in the different stages that are implementing
- Closely work with logistic team and follows their roles and regulation, for supplying the Forestry project within the implementation
- Collecting the needy lists of project (tools and materials) before and within the project implementation and to be ready for putting in the monthly fund request of each month.
â€¢ Admin / finance :
- Follow-up the prepared admin/ finance department table (fill up the attendance sheets of temporary workers, salary and wage distribution sheets payment) according the Madera and project norms to be fill and try to be on time for justification.
- According to the project planning and need, providing monthly fund request of Forestry with collaboration of his team and submitted to the admin / finance officer and PC for monthly fund request.
- To communicate, meeting, discussion and contact with related Forestry staff, other sartorial responsible, local government authorities in the region and have good relations with them in the province.
- Providing monthly reports of all activities are done. Summarizing the collected field data from Forestry technicians, extension workers and surveyors.
- Analyzing the result of the cultivated crops in the test plots in the Madera farms including local key farmerâ€™s plots. Computerizing the collected and the summarized data.
ïƒ¼ To be graduated from a Faculty of agriculture.
ïƒ¼ To be able to read, write and speak fluently, English and Local languages (Dari and Pashto.
ïƒ¼ To have enough skills of computer, especially to be able to work on Excel and Word.
ïƒ¼ To have enough experience and knowledge of Forestry activities.