|Date Posted:||May 19, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jun 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade AAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Water Affairs Regulation Authority:
In accordance with the Decree 36 of the presidential office of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in view of national politics and strategy of the country during 1398, the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) has been established from one existing ministry: Ministry of Energy and Water
The Government of Afghanistan has identified the rehabilitation and expansion of the country's physical infrastructure as one of its highest priorities for the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. As part of the basic economic infrastructure of the country, the water sector occupies special prominence in the Government's development plans. Several major Water sector projects, funded by the National Development Budget and by international financial institutions and donors, are presently under implementation and planning under the general oversight of the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA).
Given the technical complexity of the Water sector and the particular demands posed by the coordination of the projects that are being funded by various sources, the NWARA assists its administration that will be based in Kabul and will reinforce NWARA in its internal and external activities and projects smoothness and speediness in fulfilling its obligations for water sector development
The Technical Advisor will be serving as advisor in all technical aspects of water resources management affairs in National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) on all levels. He/she will be providing support in implementing projects and program reviews. The overall responsibilities include developing applications, providing technical expertise, and coordinating technical activities. The person will be also supporting the technical teams preparing technical aspects of the projects and programs. The person will be coordinating technical aspects of the projects and programs with the inter-agencies actors and external stakeholders to ensure coordinated water interventions and approaches across the agency.
- Problem solving oriented and experience in performing varied technical tasks in water resources.
- Demonstrate expertise in technical aspects of water resources project.
- Strong inter-personal and teamwork skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Providing technical leadership assistance on the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned projects.
- Assisting the technical teams in review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities; liaises with relevant parties; identifies follow-up actions.
- Assisting preparation of various technical and academic documents, e.g. investigation and feasibilities reports, background and baseline reports, and other relevant documents.
- Contributing to stakeholders’ meetings, conferences, and other events by supporting documents and presentations preparation.
- Participating in technical activities like structuring of seminars, workshops, training materials for the NWARA’s organized events.
- Assisting in project design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Contributing to proposal development for new water resources projects.
- Advise project planners and developers on considering technical aspects of projects in line with the NWARA’s strategies and mission as well as with the international commitments like SDGs.
- Advising departments and offices to ensure all technical aspects of plans are well integrated and in line with water conservation and water security.
- Leads the comprehensive review of technical documents.
- Advise Director General of NWARA on water supply policy, planning, and regulations.
- Advise water resources planners consider water supply demand in all plans and policies.
- Assess water supply schemes and able to prepare relevant feasibility and other technical report.
- Identify, conduct survey, design, and plan water supply schemes using national and international standards.
- Suggest framework for SMEs in water supply across the country.
- Able to reframe world class models according to ground realities of Afghanistan.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Hydro - technical Structures
- Minimum ten years’ experience for Bachelor and five years for masters in water resources on relevant areas.
- Strong in English (All skills especially writing).
- Proficient in Dari and Pashtu.
- Limited travel (any part of the country).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skill.
- Able to see water resources management from broader perspectives with international outlook.
- Strong presentation and representation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English and national languages.
- Excellent coaching, mentoring, and training skills.
- Proactive, resourceful and results oriented.