|Date Posted:||Jul 21, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 30, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Government Advisory|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Security Council:
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors; • Leading and managing the secretariat of national security; • Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors; • Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces; • Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years); • Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective; • Supporting the peace and reconciliation process; • Consolidating and coordinating security of the President; • Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
The objective of Technical Advisor for Civic Engagement is to design and implement civic engagement programs and policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Develop monthly, quarterly and annual plan in comply with general plan to achieve strategic goals of the directorate;
2. Develop and implement base-building strategies in conjunction with community education, advocacy, and research programs within the context of national security;
3. Develop, manage, and maintain the development and implementation of civic engagement program including but not limited to voter registration, non-partisan voter education, turn-out efforts, and data tracking;
4. Provide professional consultation and assist proper implementation of civic engagement program development aiming electoral, legislative, and ballot initiative opportunities;
5. Responsible to identify opportunities for civic engagement activities that would support capacity building among community and partners;
6. Assist stakeholders and governmental entities in the development of comprehensive plans that engage community members in electoral process including voter education and issue campaigns;
7. Closely monitor and evaluate the recruitment process both for employees and volunteers that operate to support voter registration and government efforts towards civic engagement initiatives;
8. Solidify coordination and advance the understanding and involvement of non-profit immigrant and refugee-led organizations in the electoral arena;
9. Identify budget requirements, according to work plan of related department for advancement of programs.
10. Conduct performance appraisal for all their staff according to the requirements of the civil service law and with coordination of the HR directorate;
11. Prepare monthly, quarterly, annually reports and if required, briefs the activities and achievements of the related directorates to the senior officials.
12. Manage staff under control to ensure that they are effectively, motivated, developed, disciplined and trained in order that they can carry out their tasks to the required standard.
13. Conduct any duty as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the office.
The Technical Advisor for Civic Engagement would have the following qualification and experience:
Shall have at-least a bachelor degree from a reputed institution in a related discipline or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
Shall have 4 years relevant work experience particularly with security or defensive governmental entities;
Shall be fluent in communicating in Pashto, Dari, and English languages;
Shall be proficient in computer applications;
Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.