|Date Posted:||May 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 3, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||10 - 12 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FHI360/ NHTAP Project:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Director for an anticipated multiyear USAID National Health Technical Assistance Program in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services across Afghanistan. The program will enhance the Afghan Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Afghanistan and ultimately improve health outcomes among Afghans nationally.
The Technical Director will lead the technical aspects of the project’s scope of work and contribute significantly to the effective and timely implementation of the project. S/he will provide the technical leadership necessary to increase access to, quality of and community demand for priority health services. S/he will be responsible for providing leadership for senior advisers and managers for the direction of this integrated health program’s technical areas including, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH; particularly high-impact interventions and immunization), nutrition, Family Planning (FP), tuberculosis (TB), demand generation, and quality improvement. The Technical Director will be responsible for the design and management of technical strategies and activities to realize project objectives. S/he will support the Chief of Party in the technical design, roll-out, and day-to-day management and implementation of interventions. The position will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Demonstrated leadership capacity to build and lead technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior level officials particularly interacting productively, proactively and comfortably with national and subnational government officials and institutions, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID. CSOs, and donor organizations.
- Experience in staff management and performance monitoring are highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of and experience with US Government funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures.
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto and strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills in English required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the technical team at national level by providing technical direction for strengthening health system in Afghanistan;
- Stay abreast of developments and evidence generation in technical areas and integrate them into the project;
- Design and lead program quality assessments at regional and provincial levels to monitor project performance and provide technical trouble-shooting;
- Engage consortium partners to review technical content and implementation planning prior to activity implementation, including collaborative technical assistance as indicated;
- Provide high level coordination with the Ministry of Public Health, other line ministries, and key stakeholders on technical issues for smooth implementation of the NHTAP;
- Develop technical components of annual work plans, draft technical sections of quarterly reports, and ensure project technical objectives and deliverables are met in a timely manner;
- Engage necessary technical assistance and support as needed and ensure team responsiveness to technical assistance inputs and formal recommendations;
- Work with MER Director to identify and develop program learning reports and other knowledge products.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Medical Doctor with master’s degree or its equivalent in public health, health administration or related field.
- At least 10 years progressive experience public health programs especially maternal and child health, tuberculosis diagnosis and care, quality improvement, and/or health systems strengthening. Preference to be given to prior experience in Afghanistan and Afghan nationals are strongly preferred.
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume (max. of 3 pages) to the below email: