|Date Posted:||Jan 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
About Kakar Advocates LLC:
Kakar Advocates, LLC, is a full-service international commercial law firm based in Kabul, Afghanistan. We are a diverse group of lawyers uniquely positioned to provide a broad range of legal services to international and Afghan business enterprises. Driven by the passion for teamwork, global outlook and local execution, we strive to serve our clients efficiently and effectively to help them achieve their business goals and objectives. Our team combines international experience with local knowledge to provide the highest standard of service to clients. The team includes internationally trained attorneys, Afghan attorneys, tax and corporate consultants, as well as Afghan government relation specialists. The attorneys have worked in large and prominent US law firms, in addition to occupying important positions, among others, as Advisor to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff, Advisor to the Attorney General, Advisor to the Minister of Justice, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of a commercial bank, US Army Judge Advocate, Senior Defense Counsel, scholar at Harvard Law School, and U.S. diplomat in the Middle East.
The Technical Legal Advisor is accountable for taking the day to day legal responsibilities and providing legal advice that includes all the aspects of the review, research and draft process. He/she is responsible to provide support in discrete legal issues.
Requires travel to provinces:
• Demonstrated capacity and substantial experience in dealing with policy and major issues related to legal matters.
• Excellent command of English language as well as local languages (Dari and Pashto).
• Strong follow-up and punctuality to meet deadlines.
• Proactive and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to produce well-written documents, presentations and reports in English.
• Flexible working hours to cope with work pressure.
• Disciplined, representative, ethical, professional and hard-worker.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide legal advice to the project team on major legal issues.
2. Conduct legal review and research on various legal matters relevant to the project.
3. Provide legal advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents as needed.
4. Conduct legal research by utilizing various resources and selecting the relevant material to review the legal information relevant to the project.
5. Formulate the best possible legal solution/opinion after reviewing legal issue in depth.
6. Make sure that all the proceedings of the project are in compliance with the requirements of the PriSec project.
7. Review and research the implication of new laws & legislation that may affect the progress of the project.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
• Master’s degree from a well-recognized university in relevant fields, i.e. law, public administration, economics, law or business administration.
• Having at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience working in Afghanistan either with the Afghan government or international organizations at senior levels.