|Date Posted:||Sep 22, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 7, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With near 1,500 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The incumbent of the position is responsible for monitoring Housing Portfolio and ensure that clients are following building plans; staffs are using proper lending methodologies for housing loans; provide technical assessment, including project cost, for housing loans; and design maps for the FMFB branch network and monitor the work progress.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support loan officers and Technical Officers by providing technical appraisals for proposed housing loans.
- Monitor Field Technical Officer’s work and provide them with adequate training and information as needed.
- Provide technical assessment of the client house and take the necessary measurement of the planned improvement works.
- Preparation of the project cost of the planned improvement in the client house using the specified construction materials prices list for its estimation.
- To address important housing and quality of life challenges such as: Seismic resistant solutions and techniques, Water warming facilities, Bed racks, Kitchen worktops and utensil cabinets, Thermal Insulation techniques, Lightweight roofing techniques, Roof hatch windows, Dry pit compost latrines.
- Design maps for the FMFB branch network to ensure that FMFB premises meet expected standards.
- Monitoring the progress of the construction works of FMFB branch network.
- Any other responsibility assigned by supervisor/s.
- Academic background in civil engineering.
- 5 years field experiences in civil engineering.
- Ability to manage staff in a challenging environment, Monitoring and evaluation skills, Budget/estimation skills.
- Social concern; committed; believing in, and committed to staff capacity building.