|Date Posted:||Nov 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 8, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a range of technical positions on a USAID funded program in Afghanistan.
The purpose of the anticipated activity Women’s Empowerment and Civil Society is to build upon USAID’s previous women’s empowerment projects and draw key lessons learned from other civil society activities implemented in the country and well as recent national assessments. It will be a nationwide project which will work with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and women rights activists from across the 34 provinces of Afghanistan.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Tetra Tech seeks candidates specialized in the following areas:
* Civil Society Strengthening and Networking
* Conflict sensitivity and mediation
* Peace and Reintegration
* Legal Consulting
* Women and Youth Empowerment
* Social Behavior Change Communications
* Project Communications
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Kapisa, Parwan, Wardak, Logar, Nangarhar, Laghman, Panjshir, Baghlan, Bamyan, Ghazni, Paktika, Paktya, Khost, Konar, Nooristan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Ghor, Daykundi, Urozgan, Zabul, Kandahar, Jawzjan, Faryab, Helmand, Badghis, Herat, Farah, Nimroz
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience and proven experience managing complex programs in Afghanistan. Additionally, she/he should possess:
* Advanced degree in a related field of expertise required;
* A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of interest. Direct experience in Afghanistan strongly preferred;
* Knowledge of relevant Afghan regulations and procedures strongly preferred;
* Work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to USAID-funded projects of similar size and complexity;
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
* Detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols;
* Fluency in English required. Proficiency in Dari and Pashtu preferred;
* Afghan nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.