|Date Posted:||Jan 14, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL):
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities
Under the direct supervision of the Engineering Section Head and close coordination with chief design engineer The survey engineer will be responsible for the project selection/Identification, Conducting Survey and plotting as per the required standards. Also the survey Engineer will have the overall responsibility in topographic survey of command area, cross section and long section of the irrigation schemes and structures. He will directly report to the Engineering Section Head.
Provinces to travel:
- Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly preferably in both Dari/Pashtu
- Ability to speaking, writing and consulting skills
- Considerable interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to work independently to meet critical and competing deadlines to produce high quality work in short timeframes
- Ability to work productively with others as part of a team
- Ability to speak read and write in Dari or Pashto
- Has an engaging personality
- Is discreet and diplomatic, upholding values and ethics
· Possess great communication skills, show attention to detail, enjoy working in a team, be well presented and have a genuine focus on Health and Safety.
· Should be physically fit and capable.
· Developing and maintaining positive and productive working relationships with team members, stakeholders, contractors and suppliers.
· Becoming familiar with new technologies and assisting with the introduction of them to the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Using survey equipment (total station, leveling machines) perform survey of command area.
· Establish accurate benchmarks during topographic survey at each irrigation scheme
· Using Civil 3D, Eagle Point and Auto Cad to prepare topographical maps from sites survey data.
· Search for available topographical data (maps, GIS, Google Earth).
· Make preliminary and technical surveys for irrigation projects.
· Calculate and process survey data.
· Preparation of maps: project plans, longitudinal profiles, cross-sections, etc.
· Assist team and site engineer when necessary.
· Plan works in advance to facilitate timely Conduction of technical survey
· Collect the essential survey data for the design engineer. Presents maps. Take care of the data, survey equipment and make sure it is properly stored/filed.
· She/he will be responsible for reviewing/control overall survey data / package of main canal, secondary, and tertiary water courses provide by External firms
· He/she will be responsible for the coordination of all survey on the site to make sure the construction/rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure is according to the proposed designs.
· Prepare/check final survey packages and prepare relevant survey review notes and conclusion.
· Perform any other duty assigned by the regional manager
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Must have an excellent experience of Total station, GPS, and other Field Survey equipment.
· Bachelor degree in a related field (Civil Engineering or Geodesy engineering) is highly desirable.
· Minimum of 5 years of work experience in project surveys and project planning is required
· Must be able to download the Total station data, plot it in Eagle point/AutoCAD-Civil 3D or any other graphic software.
· Be a team player and capable of working with others in a participatory method.
· Self-motivated and having strong initiative skills
· Must be fluent in English and both national languages.
· Must be able to use the survey equipment’s like Total Station, GPS, Level and other survey equipment.
Qualified applicants are required to send in a soft copy of his/her CV a long with Cover Letter to the Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), No application will be taken into consideration without having a cover letter showing the position title and vacancy number. Only selected candidates will be called for interviews.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer, which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions